SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

12 September

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Chubby 2
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

731D3EBB-F3E8-4BB7-AE0C-D20BD131B246.jpeg
I don’t think I use this razor often enough, too often being persuaded to pick something else because of it’s mildness. I forget that with a new Feather and the correct angle it is very efficient and not necessarily mild shaver. I had an excellent lather to work with this morning and two passes gave a close and very comfortable result. I couldn’t ask for more.

12/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk37 (6).jpg
For my last shave in our existing bathroom today i used the Sabre V2 on L1.
They come tomorrow to start ripping out the old and tile removing for the new refit next week. It will be kitchen sink shaving for approx. 10 days.
Another face full of Badger with the resin handled SBB 26mm and plenty of lather for the shave today.
The L1 plate for me is very similar to the V1-L1, easily a daily driver, very comfortable with good efficiency. Today i completed a 2 pass shave WTG then ATG for a nice comfortable DFS finish.
In use the new Sabre seems a bit easier to manoeuvre and the handle is just great to hold, the L1 feels very safe, as safe as the Genesis to use i would say, fool proof.
As i strip and clean my razors between shaves i am conscious of the safety bar plate dropping out during cleaning so i strip it down completely and place pieces on a towel for cleaning and drying, a little niggle for me.
Overall though i really like the razor and enjoyed that shave.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Thur 12th September

Aleppo soap- pre wash
The Grosvenor- 404mixed
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot plate
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A nice late morning Shave/ Shower today, as off in afternoon to visit friend in respite Care. Seem to be favouring use of AC/SE Razors lately, as they deliver hassle free Quality Shaves. Should really be thinking of getting rid of the many Razors that I do not use, though it has been fun using them over the years.

IMG_0420.jpeg

Same setup as yesterday but used an old blade as a shim and had an excellent shave!
Nothing to fault here at all.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s Gold background
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Palmolive shave stick
Aftershave: Dunhill Dunhill for Men

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Trac II Twinjector - cerakoted (stormtrooper white)
Blade: Schick Twinblade (9)
Brush: Highlander Stormtrooper
S Cream: Nivea Sensitive Pro

Great setup nothing needed changing.

SOTD.jpg

SEptember

[b[Thursday 12th September[/B]

AP1GczPMXgckt5pxuqXuJtV2jzTMb-gHjO464hRUMo8zL1-mAUFkgQ2914FMBEM7rw2DVMw-IycelSQicd0KQ74pcI5dqOCidvEOKp2ZlLVwcNkGhFD5s_WAiQ6CrzLiJN1NL5OXGSeA5FKpsOUpa0kh5z0yoA=w800

Trumpers Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & ABW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick (Japan) Injector (4)
Pinaud Clubman Original After Shave Lotion

... same again.

Back
Top Bottom