SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

Karve Overlander (brass) :: B&M Roam Two soap :: GSB (2) :: Boti synthetic brush :: B&M Seville balm
2024-09-06-07-57-54-553.jpg
Actually two shaves with this configuration. Barrister and Mann Roam Two super generously PIF'ed by @CunningMrFox. This is the new B&M non-tallow base I think. Performs excellently just as their Omnibus, super cushy and slick lather. But... the scent is definitely not for me: what comes through is chamomile, and I very much do not like chamomile (I was allergic to it at some point of my life). I foresee a PIF coming up in the near future...

SOTD Tuesday 10 September
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Feather Hi-Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Soap Wilkinson Sword - Blue
  • Post Shave Nivea Men – Moisturiser
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Feather Hi-Stainless blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.

I missed yesterday’s shave, so used the Feather blade. Not sure how many shaves on this blade.
I only use the Feather if I miss a daily shave, it’s a little too sharp for a daily.
No weepers but this blade has lost its edge, slight drag which is uncommon for a feather blade.
So, this was its final run, full head and face shave.

The Omega Pro 48 is a great brush, I use this every few days, to allow it to thoroughly dry between shaves.
Once broken in and the tips split it’s really comfortable.

69.jpg

SOTD: 10th September 2024.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive shaving cream.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 39C.
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D3)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL./L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

I had all intention of using my Merkur 37C for my face shave but changed my mind at the last minute and used the 39C instead. I still prefer using the 37C over the 39C, as I prefer the shorter handle. Both razors however are smooth shavers.

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the Aloe Vera and vitamin E making my mature skin feel soft & moisturized after the shave.

I will continue using the Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless, Dorco Prime Platinum & the Gillette Wilkinson sword (Saloon Pack) and many more for a good while as I have such a large amount of blades to contend with and infrequently haven't gave them much use so I'll be using each blade for two shaves max then it gets binned regardless if I can get more shaves from them. A luxury can afford to waste.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 10th September 2024.

View attachment 125100

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive shaving cream.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 39C.
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D3)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL./L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

I had all intention of using my Merkur 37C for my face shave but changed my mind at the last minute and used the 39C instead. I still prefer using the 37C over the 39C, as I prefer the shorter handle. Both razors however are smooth shavers.

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the Aloe Vera and vitamin E making my mature skin feel soft & moisturized after the shave.

I will continue using the Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless, Dorco Prime Platinum & the Gillette Wilkinson sword (Saloon Pack) and many more for a good while as I have such a large amount of blades to contend with and infrequently haven't gave them much use so I'll be using each blade for two shaves max then it gets binned regardless if I can get more shaves from them. A luxury can afford to waste.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
fine shave and pic Barry.:cool:

SOTD 10-Sep-24
1000037224 (1).jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Koraat 14-2.0

Wonderful shave, I was going to keep it up with the rex but I was missing the straights after August so thought I'd quickly dip back in. Lovely smooth finish accompanied by an excellent scent.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday 10th September
1000019593.jpg

Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Chick #1 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Speick Vegan Stick - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel

Tuesday 10 September
This lather catcher has no makers name just Safety Razor and Warranted engravings. It’s brass and a very close resemblance to the Kampfe Star, although it hinges open differently. I bought it very cheap on the Bay, it was advertised as Trench Art due to the bullet case handle I guess but I doubt it was converted this way in the Trenches of any war.
Anyway, it takes the GEM blade just the same as the Star and after suitable lathering did the job, perhaps a tad more aggressive than yesterday’s Star but no drama, bbs in two passes and pick ups.
Have a fine if chilly day fellas!

IMG_9639.jpeg

Tue 10th Sept

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street soap
Yaqi Raster V2 + Crown Ti handle
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Have decided this version of the Raster works best for me. Now fitted with a Crown handle and a Kai pink on board, delivers a most smooth and comfortable Shave, with a more than acceptable close all round finish.

IMG_2024-09-10-093204.jpeg

Tuesday 10th September

Soap • Stirling Orange Chill
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102
Blade • Sputnik (2)
Post • Stirling Orange Chill Splash

Same set up as Saturday.

It's 32 degrees here in Torremelinos- I'm dodging the sun under a sun shade!

It's nice to re-visit this Ikon 102. It gets the job done in It's own quiet way, and does it very well. It reminds me somewhat of a Merkur Futur on setting 1 - mild but assured.
This razor was very kindly gifted to me by the fine gentleman @RussellR5555 quite some time ago. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who misses his posts (and damn fine SOTD photos?)

Last edited:
10/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Blackland Sabre V1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk37 (4).jpg
I do like the familiarity of the V1 Sabre, today he delivered a really comfortable 3 pass shave.
Also, to me, there is is also nothing better than a face full of 26mm Silvertip badger full to the brim of protecting lather.
I am smooth and clean and smelling all "late 60's Patchouli".
This week will see the V2 with L1 plate for another comparison.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom