SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

Saturday 7th September

Soap • Stirling Orange Chill
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102
Blade • Sputnik (1)
Post • Stirling Orange Chill Splash

We're in Spain for a week, so I thought it wise to bring a montholat3d Soap- good choice as We're forecast low 30's all week.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

Sunday 8th September
1000019576.jpg

General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #5 - Alpha Outlaw - Arran Lochranza - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel

08/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Silksmoke 24mm
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - Perma-Sharp Half Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk37 (2).jpg
To me the Focus slim shavette is the best half-blade shavette i have used hence it is the only one i have left in the den.
The APS Silksmoke knot has a lot of backbone for a synth, it picks up a lot of soap then once you start to work the lather it seems to soften making it a nice experience in use.
today i completed a 2 pass shave routine with a little touch here and there for a very nice, close, nigh-on BBS finish. A rub with the alum stone did give a couple of small areas of fleeting indication.
A very enjoyable bit of sink time.
Enjoy your day all.

Sun 8th September

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 26mm
Arko stick- grated
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Proguard ( 1 )
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

First time in a while that I have used a guarded blade.Worked a treat in The Evo, I was able to clear 3 days growth with ease, even the stubborn areas that can be tricky. Cleared the upper lip and the tip of the chin really nicely, beginning to wonder why I sold some of the blades on. Finish was actually rather a Face Stroker - that good.

IMG_1170.jpeg

Last edited:
PXL_20240908_133330308.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

on a wee trip to Andalusia, starting in Granada, so this will be my set up for the next week.

the la toja stick was a souvenir from a previous Barcelona trip so I thought it would be nice to bring it back to it's home country. the mineral salt scent is refreshing, the tube is nice and compact for travel and the performance is just so good. this travel brush has a tiny knot but still, a little soap gathered directly on the stubble gave clouds of such soft lather. enough for a three pass head shave. bit of brut with menthol crystals to finish and not a bad result for a cartridge shave.

PXL_20240908_124613888~3.jpg

went into a supermarket so of course had to see what local supplies the shaving section had. not that I need more stuff but couldn't resist this little tube of LEA cream.

Last edited:
View attachment 125045

on a wee trip to Andalusia, starting in Granada so this will be my set up for the next week.

the la toja stick was a souvenir from a previous Barcelona trip so I thought it would be nice to bring it back to it's home country. the mineral salt scent is refreshing, the tube is nice and compact for travel and the performance is just so good. this travel brush has a tiny knot but still, a little soap gathered directly on the stubble gave clouds of such soft lather. enough for a three pass head shave. bit of brut with menthol crystals to finish and not a bad result for a cartridge shave.

View attachment 125047

went into a supermarket so of course had to see what local supplies the shaving section had. not that I need more stuff but couldn't resist this little tube of LEA cream.

I saw Lea cream in a shop today for €1.50 and thought that was cheap. . .At €1.35 it really is very good value.
Enjoy your trip!

1000009714.jpgSeen the slim adjustable in shave of the day posts recently and decided to get mine out (so to speak!).
An easy and enjoyable shave although initially started with yesterday's Permasharp Supreme. It just wasn't cutting it for some reason.
Pun intended.
I'm sorry.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. II Adjustable "Slim" (1965)
Blade: Schick Super Chromium
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Stirling Alighieri
Aftershave: Denim 1970s aftershave

Back
Top Bottom