SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

View attachment 125245
SOTD September 13. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre polished. (3)
Blade - Personna Gem Stainless
Soap - Czech & Speake 88
Brush - Alpha Outlaw V1 Ti fitted with a 29mm Rhodium badger knot
Post - Thayer's Astringent

My first shave with the new Sabre and it was everything I had hoped it would be, and outstanding shave leaving me as smooth as smooth can be.
I've always liked the Gem blade and the new Sabre is a beautiful razor to have it in.

Until the next time, take care and enjoy your shaves! :)

Paul.
The polished looks great.

Apparently variety is the spice of life and it certainly got spicy this morning.
* Shower
* Barbasol 1919 Classic Shaving Cream - probably the best brushless, latherless "Invisible" shaving cream I've tried. Imported from America via USA Amazon since it became unavailable on UK Amazon. I rub in an almond size amount to my wet face and then add a tiny bit of water again and then shave. Needs reapplying for each extra pass.
* Parker Soloedge two piece SE razor
* Euromax SE blade
* 4711 Aftershave Lotion

Barbasol-Dayshave.jpg

A freebie soap courtesy of a forum member. I like unusual scents and this is a mix of wisteria, rose, honey and red wine.
To me there's a sweet complex cherry and alcohol smell with more than a hint of wet earth. My wife says it smells like cherry Tunes that have gone mouldy.

Very nice indeed.
Shimmed the blade and getting great results.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s Gold background
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Southern Witchcraft Necromantic
Aftershave: Arko Gold

Sandalwood SEptember

Fridayn 13th September

AP1GczPMXgckt5pxuqXuJtV2jzTMb-gHjO464hRUMo8zL1-mAUFkgQ2914FMBEM7rw2DVMw-IycelSQicd0KQ74pcI5dqOCidvEOKp2ZlLVwcNkGhFD5s_WAiQ6CrzLiJN1NL5OXGSeA5FKpsOUpa0kh5z0yoA=w800

Trumpers Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & ABW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick (Japan) Injector (5)
Pinaud Clubman Original After Shave Lotion

Same again ... and I think that's about it for this blade which is now a tag draggy in this format which is engineered for a stacked twin-injector blade. In comparison, it is slightly off with just a single blade but still very good indeed.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Signature soaps Condate
Razorock 400
Alpha spirit
Schick proline
Dendi pure aftershave
View attachment 125183

Almost two weeks of shaving with alpha spirit cemented it's place in the den. Excellent shaver, mild feeling and efficient shaving. It's light and nimble around the face and the balance is spot on.
Signature soaps as always never failed to deliver.
Thank you my friend

'And finally the weekend', as the album by Puffyshoes was titled. Which means it must be a Friday, and that time to say, as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present in wonderful technocrap my shave themed, 'rushed'

20240913_183839.jpg

Ikon B1
Polsilver Lodz
Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Yorkshire Soaps Yorkshire Lad
Nivea moisturiser
L'Oréal Eye firmer
Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'Sorry mate. Wrong forum. This is TSR, The Shaving Room'

Shave Of The Day? This was my shave of the week, and probably my shave of the year. Effing brilliant.

And finally the weekend

'And finally the weekend', as the album by Puffyshoes was titled. Which means it must be a Friday, and that time to say, as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present in wonderful technocrap my shave themed, 'rushed'

View attachment 125256

Ikon B1
Polsilver Lodz
Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Yorkshire Soaps Yorkshire Lad
Nivea moisturiser
L'Oréal Eye firmer
Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'Sorry mate. Wrong forum. This is TSR, The Shaving Room'

Shave Of The Day? This was my shave of the week, and probably my shave of the year. Effing brilliant.

And finally the weekend

How does the B1 shave compared to the Tek?

SOTD Fri 13 Sep 2024

Fri 13th, unlucky for some, shave
CD9A78CF-E231-4E65-A1D4-84999887178E.jpegSilicon dog bowl
TFS traditional shaving soap
Omega S10065 S-Brush
Merkur 34C razor
Racer Platinum Class blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Nivea Sensitive PSB
Hugo by Hugo Boss EDT

This is definitely not a ‘themed’ shave, it is simply a collection of mainly red shaving things! The TFS is a bit on the firm side for a soft soap, but not hard and it’s performance cannot be faulted, lovely almond-y, creamy, slick lather with the s-brush proving a great addition to my little collection, really nice brush. All the elements worked well together, the Racer blade being an improvement on the Dorco ST301 for me. Great result with the old visage being left smooth and as fragrant as a piece of marzipan.
Friday the 13th is supposed to be unlucky, but as I see it, and as the man said “If it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have no luck at all!”

Back
Top Bottom