SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

IX44YQG2_o.jpg

Yaqi 2 Band Finest
Schick G8 Injector
Schick Proline B-20 (4)
Monsavon Bol a Raser
Nivea Balm & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso​

Thursday AM 2018-04-12

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/UFO Kaiser Red Bronze
Wilkinson Light Brigade (5)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)

The cream has dried solid, so I just loaded the brush directly, but amazingly there still is good fragrance. The lather was perfect.
pmAgpUA.jpg

20180412_195754.jpg R41with Kronos handle/Permasharp blade(#3)/LPL oud-santal/Pitralon a.s/Proraso balm
A cracking shave! The Kronos handle seems to give the R41 better balance, allowing just the right amount of pressure without having to think about it. An excellent combination!
I've only recently started using the Permasharps & I think it's a great blade. Very smooth indeed.

Thursday

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 Made in England
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Floris Elite EdT

Another belter of a shave with one of my trusty 1912s. Toast- scrapingly outstanding performance alongside the Spitfire, with a tremendous post-shave feel.

Like others, I suspect, any images of shaving in media tends to get me focussing on the kit used (plot be damned!). So, as an avid fan of Gothic cinema, I found myself watching The Quatermass Xperiment yesterday. There was good old Jack Warner (of Dixon of Dock Green fame) playing Inspector Lomax, having his shave interrupted by some urgent matter, and emerging from his den carrying a razor with an unmistakable 1912 head!

9A459005-0FF0-4C4E-8DA2-9505D7B8AAE1.jpeg

Tabac
YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Rockwell 6C plate 5
Personna Platinum (1)
Lime witch hazel
Quorum Aftershave

This Tuxedo brush, while soft, is very versatile. It bowl lathers creams and loads hard soaps with ease.
Nice glossy lather face lathered to a creamy consistency in seconds.
The Personna blade proved very keen in the Rockwell at setting 5.
My usual two passes left me BBS.
Quorum Aftershave is just how I remembered it from the 80's. An old school scent.

SOTD Thursday 12 April 2018 :)

IMG_1142.JPG

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap, followed by warm water splash.
Soap - Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Club Cola Shaving.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 synthetic.
Bowl - Littke Wren Pottery.
Razor - Supply SE v2.0 (classic ** setting).
Blade - Schick Proline P20 (Day 3).
Post shave - Cold water splash; followed by Myrsol After Shave Balsamic Water and Clinique Post Shave Balm.
Post shave + - Geo F Trumper Extract of Limes Aftershave, applied to the neck.

A great shave today; I really enjoyed shaving with the Supply SE v2.0 - the Schick Proline blade brings this razor alive. However, post shave I noticed again that I had not shaved off all of the stubble under my jaw line - making me think that there is a very fine line when shaving with the Supply v2.0 in terms of getting and keeping the optimal shave angle. I had a cheeky wee touch up with my Rex Ambasador - job done :).

In the end a 3 pass shave with that small touch-up, no issues - some 14 hours later, my skin still feels good.

The 1912 Club Cola like all Wickham soaps works exceptionally well, great glide and performance. However, for me its the scent, simply divine. The Myrsol Balsamic performs and smells great - great restorative properties.

Friday 13th tomorrow, might have to kick a lucky cat or something like that before shaving :)

All the best,

Chris

View attachment 34766 ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Hone Type 15
Blade ~ KAI
Soap ~ Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos
Brush ~ Cadman - Bell silvertip
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal / Taylor's of Old Bond St Alcohol free AS
Scent ~ Saffron Aoud EDP by D'Arabie

A really good close and comfortable shave, the Kai blade and the Hone 15 are perfect for eachother, the blade has changed how this razor behaves for the better!
The Krokos soap with its rich yellow Saffron colour is a lovely soap and offers perfect protection and slide.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.....:) P.
@Blademonkey Paul, +1 on the Hone 15 and the Kai blade - made a good razor great. Thanks for the tip from an earlier SOTD, Chris

Sotd - Thursday evening -

Razor - Rockwell 6c (2)
blade - Polsilver SI (4)
brush - Maseto 30mm silver tip
soap - Musgo Real Orange Amber cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - OSP Orange Patchouli tonic
balm - Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
scent - Hermes Eau D'orange Verte edt.

Result - lovely.

Keeping it citrus again for tonight's shave but in a darker way. I was minded to pick up the Musgo Real cream after using the cologne recently - the scent is just lovely for me. I smeared some into the damp knot of the Maseto - ah behold - the wall of badger - have me lowered face first into it. As an aside - in terms of the right amount of tube cream to use - you read commonly of an 'almond size' amount. What does that mean? - at best arbitrary - almonds aren't all the same size - I'm not aware of there being an ISO nut. It's a bit like foliage loss in the Amazon being described in multiples of 'a country the size of Wales.' Like the almonds - pretty much meaningless - anyway that's not important. The cream suggested the OSP tonic to match - which it did very nicely. A nice involuntary 'ooft' - from the alcohol - as it went on. The Bart's Bergamot did its usual fine job - I used twice the normal amount - such was the alacrity with which my skin absorbed it - obviously dried out by the cold wind today. I'll maybe pick up the Cinnamon and Patchouli version for this sort of 'themed' shave. A couple of squirts of the Hermes - which follows on from the OSP perfectly - there is a lot of patchouli in the base of the Eau D'orange Verte. Using the same razor four times in a row? How would have thought? Job done - a lovely shave. Enjoy yours - we've almost made it to another weekend - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom