SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

Friday 13th April

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Cyril R Salter Tallow Soap
Semogue SOC Boar in Ash Wood
Yaqi standard OC with a Rapira Stainless Blade
Bart's Balm Lavender ASB
Ach Brito Lavanda EDC

Like it's sibling the DOC....the Yaqi OC is quiet but efficient.
3 passes and a little touch up for a really enjoyable and close shave:)

SOTD 13APR18.JPG
SOTD 13APR18
Razor: Wolfman .67 WR1 | WRH2
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 'Bishop | Zen Garden'
Soap: Shaver Heaven 'Barber Shop'
I've read a lot about this legendary soap; I began wetshaving just over a year ago and so was unable to actually purchase it from the vendor and I never saw it for sale on the BSTs. I was super excited to give this soap a go and I was not let down. This soap is vegan but it behaves like a tallow base; it is very thirsty and has a yogurt like consistency once dialed in. Very nice cushion and glide, post-shave is superb. The scent on this Barber Shop is so pleasant, it smells a lot like the CRSW and WSP Barbershops and, unfortunately, like those two, I get a bit of a burn. I think it's from the cedar wood but I will give it another go this weekend to make sure. Either way, I am super happy that I was finally able to try this soap base. I am extremely pleased with the performance and will look to add on to my small collection (2) of Shaver Heaven soaps.

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Tallow soap
Razor ~ Muhle R89 fitted with Stainless steel handle
Blade ~ KAI
Soap ~ LPL ~ Rose de Puskkar
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar
Post ~ Thayers Rose petal / Taylor's of Old Bond St alcohol free AS
Scent ~ Mancera - Roses Vannille EDP

A very good shave, the KAI blade works very well in the 89 and the LPL soap was fabulous in both scent, protection and slide.
Keeping to the Rose theme I finnished with the lovely Roses Vanille from Mancera .......Perfect :)

Have a great day :) P.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Cobra
Blade: Feather Pro

IMG_20180413_092352.jpg
After the super close shaves I've been having from @twhite510's Igor, the Cobra had to reaffirm it's supremacy in the bathroom.
Loaded with a new blade and with the slickness of the Schafmilch as it's medium, the Cobra was in it's element.
Supremacy re-established...
....or is it?
Happy Shaving one and all.

SOTD 20180413.

nY3Z9RW.jpg

J&T® model "Minimalistic" pear / Tuxedo.
Jabones by Luna "Java".
Timeless titanium OC 0.68 mm.
Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (8).
Loris E-202 EdP.

N6Jy9cq7_o.jpg

Yaqi Evil Zebra
Yaqi DOC
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Monsavon bol a raser
Nivea 2 Phase & Epsilon Blue Mediterranean

A superb shave today, not a single nick or weeper for the first time since Monday!!! I must say this Yaqi brush is second to the Sagrada Familia for my favourite synthetic, absolutely fantastic. I have enjoyed the Monasavon this week, such a good inexpensive soap. It does all you need it to do and cheap as chips, the only downside is the tub is flimsy and the soap does shrink hell of a lot when in storage.

SOTD: 130518
SOTD 130418 resize.jpg

Razor: Wade & Butcher 5/8 Hollow Ground
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
EDC: B&M Cologne Russe

This razor is razor sharp yet very forgiving. Perfectly balanced and very easy to manoeuvre.

The brush is nicely broken in now and it is an outstanding little performer considering its price. The handle is hefty and very well turned.

Barrister & Mann always performs for me. The scent is gorgeous as is the cologne.

Enjoy the forthcoming weekend and your shaves gentlemen. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom