SOTD: Saturday 7th December- Friday 13th December 2019.

10/12/19

Soap - Signature Soaps Peppermint & Cedarwood
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Feather (4)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

A really, really superb lather with the Signature Soap Peppermint today - the perfect amount of cushion, glide and slickness; seems to be one of the easiest soaps to lather as well. Seems to have a great amount of slickness without leaving a greasy post shave feel as well, something I rarely encounter as I have fairly oily skin.
The shave itself was a weird one, the Feather blade might be one that provides the most confusion as when I was shaving my cheeks/below the jaw it was very smooth and efficient but around the mouth it was very tuggy for the first 2 passes but seemed to have less resistance for the third. Great results in the end though.

Anyway chaps, have a good day.

Last night's shave was deferred as I went to watch my eldest's first nativity play. Worth missing a shave for and a lovely life memory made!

Congrats on your eldest's appearance in the nativity. If they do continue to express an interest in acting I believe it would be wise to introduce them to the finest Doctor Who of all time (Tom Baker) as soon as possible as few have managed to capture the importance of discussing Jelly Babies on the silver screen

D6B958D2-F603-4C08-A426-2328DEA1281D.jpeg

Cooooold shave on this 10th morning of Decadent December! I'm still recovering! This Cryogen soap is unbelievably mentholated! Wow! Definitely not a daily driver soap, but I can say it is a combination Arctic-like/Tear gas tunnel level of refreshing. I've had to keep my eyes closed for about 10 minutes after the shave from the menthol fumes! Great three pass head and face DFS with my Gem G-Bar. Ten minutes after the shave the fumes dissipated enough
for me to keep my eyes open. I'm now definitely refreshed, smooth and ready for the day!

SOTD 12/10/19

RAZOR: Gem G-Bar
BLADE: Pella SS Gem PTFE
PREP: Cold water rinse of both face and dome followed by a scrub with PAA'S Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
SOAP: Chiseled Face Cryogen
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash of shaved areas with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash

Tuesday afternoon :
Prep : warm water / Proraso Green pre-shave
Razor : The Bluebeards Revenge Cut-Throat Razor
Brush : Omega Hi-Brush
Blade : Derby Extra half DE
Soap : Osma Tradition
Bowl : Bamboo bowl
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Nivea Men Sensitive Cool balm

It's getting better and better with the Bluebeard, 2 little nicks / weepers?? 1 on my chin, 1 above my upper lip.

10/12/2019
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Supply Co. Rex Adjustable
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli & Orange Witch Hazel
Balm: Tabac
A/S: Tabac

2. Tues R.JPG

1st outing for the Rex, from the off it oozes quality. I have ummed and arred about getting one of these for a while as i normally like longer handled razors. I had no issues using him today and it just sits in the fingers using a similar grip to my 1912 type SE's.
I set the razor on 2.5 and used it for all 3 silky passes. I will dial it in a bit more over the coming weeks and i think i am going to enjoy the ride.
So BBS, very comfortable with a supple face feeler.
Smelling All Starsky & Hutch
Have a great day All

Tuesday AM 2019-12-10

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Simpson Somerset Chubby 3 Extra Super (Manchurian) (30/62)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.61 Titanium/WRH7
Schick Plus Platinum (6)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

Some of my favorites. A great shave.
G60AxVD.jpg

hTQQr4F.jpg

Sotd-10-12-19.jpg

Sotd - Tuesday the 10th of December

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim Aristocrat (4)
blade - Wilkinson Sword (1)
brush - Simpsons Chubby 1 - best
soap - Wickham 'Apricus' - vegetarian
post - rose water toner
a/s - Myrsol - 'Limon'
balm - Wickham 'Apricus'

Result - superb.

The weather was appalling in Glasgow today - akin to standing on the deck of a yacht in heavy seas. A nice bright citrus shave to compensate - job done. BBS in two passes. The gold Slim - dated G4 - so - last quarter 1961 - is one of my favourite razors - it works effortlessly for me - it was passed onto me for not a penny - with a nice back story - I'll tell you some other time - need to get back to cooking a large pan of 'comfort food' - for the sake of the vegetarians among us - I won't say what - perhaps I shall take the top off a bottle of Rioja to go with it. Have a good night - enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom