SOTD: Saturday 7th December- Friday 13th December 2019.

11/12/19

Soap - Valobra Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (5)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Nice lather today, even though I over hydrated it a touch it was still slick enough to see through 3.5 comfortable passes.

Just noticed it's 2 weeks to Christmas! Need to get a move to buy presents! Aaarrgghh!

3EECF4E5-8E48-4B7B-8FFD-0D9F3CB6A556.jpeg

After my excessively mentholated shave of yesterday, today's was a pleasant and relaxed lavender shave, since my fragrance sensitive bride left early for a business meeting! The vintage razor I selected for today's shave is my recently acquired 1930's Cooper Kant Rust, a medium aggressive shaver that was not as efficient as I like, but still capable of a comfortable three pass noggin and face DFS. My favorite MWF spiced with 5-6 drops of M-Bomb provided a thick, creamy, slick and protective lather that was a pleasure to shave through as opposed to the extreme menthol fumes I battled with while suffering through yesterday‘s shave. This shave left me feeling cool, calm and refreshed, but again not quite as smooth as I would prefer.

SOTD 12/11/19

RAZOR: Cooper Kant Rust
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a face and dome scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
Brush: Omega Pro48 Boar
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash of both dome and face with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH andfinished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme

8uMIiW1.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent: Christian Dior Fahrenheit

I find that the Wolfman head works wonderfully well with a light touch and a very sharp blade, and there are few sharper than the vintage Gillette Super Silver.
Very comfortable and efficient shave - a three day growth was scythed down in two passes to DFS+; a third ATG pass and I was absolutely BBS.
The soap scent was immediately familiar to me, and had me searching my grey cells for the match. Then the penny dropped - Squadron Soaps. I went to the soap section of the den and dug out my Squadron soaps, and sure enough, it is very similar in colour and scent to Squadron Soaps 'Scramble'. A warm, approachable scent of woods and tonka, vanilla bourbon and allspice. Like Scramble, the Scheermonnik Delfs Wit is a really good soap - slick, good lather yield, and nice scent.

As my old pal Wim used to say - "If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!"

Williams Wed 11th Dec

Omega 11126 boar
Williams Mug soap
ER “ Streamline”
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A Shave with one of my favourites today, The Streamline is a Razor that rewards concentration with an excellent Shave. The little boar really works well with the Williams creating copious lather in no time at all.

2A119D0C-A88F-461C-8D77-A65FB7239ED5.jpeg

Last edited:

SOTD : 12th December 2019.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Phoenix & Beau ~ Citra Royale.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile.(2)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol ASL.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

The P&B Citra Royale soap is another shaving soap i haven't used for a while, which provided me with a excellent slick protective lather, with a really nice fragrance throughout each pass , leaving a wonderful post shave feeling to my face.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pickups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous Splash of Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 12 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Gothiquen
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Gillette Silver Blue #6
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

SOTD 20191212.
OZ8VPdP.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
LYAXEYKA_73 "#2" shaving soap. *)
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Hema blade (2).
Novaya Zarya "Flower of Brocard" EdC.
*) Alexei (forum name LYAXEYKA_73) is a Russian artisan soap maker who seldomly gives his soaps a name, that is why I named this soap "#2".

Back
Top Bottom