SOTD: Saturday 8 June - Friday 14 June 2024.

Dog of the day Sat 8 Jun 2024

F9866B46-3571-4915-9183-BF9AE3FDAE77.jpeg

Bella
Collie Cross
2012-2024
Aww Ken, I'm so sorry hearing this sad news about Bella. Keep your memories strong.
A

Sunday 9th June
Schick I1 - Personna Stainless #2 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Signature Soaps Not Top Secret - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018654.jpg

Second shave with my newly acquired Schick I, which I was delighted to say, gave me an exceptionally smooth result two days ago, coupled with the alternatively named ‘Not Top Secret’ coconut soap. Who's scent is gorgeous and performance excellent.
You are right though. The world does need a coconut shaving soap and it is pretty damn fine......you poo poo snail
Agree with SF…..except for the last bit!

Dog of the day Sat 8 Jun 2024

View attachment 121356
Bella
Collie Cross
2012-2024

Sorry if this breaks any forum rules, but instead of posting about tonight’s shave, which was quite nice actually, very calming. I would like to say something about my best friend and daemon, Bella (aka Woofles) who died peacefully in my arms at 10.15am today. We adopted her from The Dogs Trust when she was 4 and have been totally besotted with her for the last 8 years.

Since joining this forum, I have discovered that shaving, rather than a chore, can be something to look forward to and enjoy. And throughout the last year of learning and posting my attempts, Bella has been an intrinsic part of the rather aimless meandering’s of an old bloke about his shaves and dog walks. She has watched me from the bathroom door or waited outside the door during all my shaves, and led me through the park on each walk.

We thought, after a visit to the vet yesterday, that she was improving from her sudden decline, but this morning she could not stand or walk and was refusing food (unheard of for her) and I could not give her medicine. So back to the vet and after much difficult and painful discussion, we decided that we had to let her go.

So I am feeling bereft at the moment, and not sure how life will work without my constant companion. Of course my wife and I still have each other, but when she is shopping or whatever I always had my wonderful dog by my side. So I think I will take a little break from SOTD’s while I try to come to terms with the loss of my best friend and daemon.

But…
…I’ll be back!
I am so sorry to hear that, it was a treat to see her in the dailies, my sincerest condolences!

Sunday 9 June
Schick F Type
Schick blade
SV Manna de Sicilia
Vintage badger reknot

A very enjoyable “take your time” bbs shave today. SV soaps and after shaves have quickly become a favourite of mine and hard to beat.
The Schick family of injector razors also has a special place in my collection and are equally a something I look forward to using.
Have a fine Sunday fellas!

IMG_0655.jpeg

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes, I am finding it difficult to believe Bella has gone and keep expecting to see her wandering about, but as someone mentioned earlier, we have lots of happy memories of her. And of course we still have the dog hair that is hiding behind and beneath the furniture!
Ken
K. - please accept my sincere condolences, like others, I looked forward to the daily pic of her. Always put a smile on my face. I feel TSR has lost its mascot. Yours - best - I.

Haslinger honey soap
PAA Phantom aerolite 26mm
Geo Butler 5/8ths extra hollow
Nivea crème de barbear
Myrugia 1916

Cracking two passes shave cleaving off two days old beard with my Great-Grandfather’s razor which has a so called Irish point and shaves very well indeed with 1900 quality Sheffield steel, superlative really. Finished with a smear of balm and a splash of the citrus scented toilet water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom