SOTD: Saturday 9 December - Friday 15 December 2023.

SOTD - Areffa Soaps Red Viburnum, Stando 24mm 2 Bed, Ds Cosmetics V92, Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge, Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CeraVe

1000003344-01-jpeg.143659

11/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Proraso Red - Siege Canon decant
Wk 50 (3).jpg
Enjoy your evening all.

Monday 11th December

ADCreHd3yyEMwqQjxJIAov1V8vPcD0utwSdZf_5J3XSVhe3CcMT33vc3nFBD2i93kxtEnjwi86uE4Hu59hHSjRUdRmnQA6n4MmkzXvpbVAAJMVA4lYpMg6LXJyXc58-0UbhXeHOicn7caCOrNR9mNRKWMxE3ZA=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Limited Edition
Yaqi Tachi w/Windrose Darwin Handle & Treet Platinum (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

I think the Windrose Darwin handle really suits this razor, certainly more so than the Tsuka handle that came with it. It was quite a fiddle to get the blade in initially and a couple of times the top part of the head didn't sit quite right. Very tight tolerances here, which does bode well. My other initial concern was that the guard might get in the way of some of the intricate areas, particularly around my nose, give that it's a tad wider than the blade.

First use put that one to bed ...

Super shave! Really straight-forward, really close and one which I clicked with straight away.

Very happy indeed with this one.

SOTD Monday 11 Dec 2023

Towels made from girders!
6FA20B8D-71E3-4A8A-8055-01EEC0AE4B44.jpeg
Pre girder climb - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Slippery ladders - Proraso Red in glass bowl with Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush
Steel work - Merkur 38c razor with Shark SS (6)
Post girder climb medication - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

It’s back, hurrah! Just in time to participate in a satisfyingly smooth, 2+tidy, shave. This blade just won’t give up, previous Shark SS’s have been fine for 3 maybe 4 shaves and then felt a bit rough. But this one still feels sharp and comfortable - can’t decide whether to replace it now or keep going to see how long it will last.

37637EA0-D85A-4A7F-98EE-BCBCD7C85843.jpeg
What were you doing with those big metal things earlier?
They were girders and it’s complicated.
Oh, ok, I’m going back to sleep now.
Fine.

SOTD: 12th December 2023.

c.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face & head Lather.
Lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers Supershave X Platinum . (3)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO. (Face)
Razor: Gilette Guard. (Head) - (D1)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Aloe Vera Cooling Gel./ blue Stratos ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning Shave,

My shaving set up this morning was absolutely brilliant!....I have mentioned before in many of my postings ,the vast majority of my shave set ups are very in-expensive. It just goes to show that you don't need expensive shaving items to get a good acceptable shave. It's all down to technique & shaving confidence.

The inexpensive Gillette Guard was the star of the shave this morning leaving my head/dome super smooth...The efficiency difference of the Gillette Guard to the Treet Swift II Platinum is significantly more assertive with equal smoothness...However, I will continue to use the Treet Swift II Platinum until the end of the month...

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of blue Stratos ASL.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom