SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

9 March

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

View attachment 117969
A super Saturday shave. Everything aligned to produce a more than satisfying two pass shave. The Capra Deva is a great soap, I really love it and the easy lather it produces. The Nodachi is an amazing razor, a favourite for its smooth, close, easy shaves and the T3 brush is simply a bargain brush in the Simpson range. Happy weekend.
Thank you. Best Regards, Brian

Wednesday 13 March
I love brass razors and so have acquired a few. I saw the Yaqi Brass V2 Final Cut so took the plunge and ordered, it took only 9 days to get here even though I‘m guessing it didn’t pass through the Suez Canal. Anyway, apart from rapid delivery I’m also very impressed with its really excellent build quality and finish. It punches above its weight for its reasonable delivered price.
Lathered with Zenith synthetic and LEA and picked a setting between 2 and 3. One main pass wtg and another atg set on 3 gave a very enjoyable, smooth and close bbs shave. No irritation but but one small weeper due to my over zealous attempt to get to an inaccessible rogue hair :oops:
Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_0527.jpeg

13 March

TOBS St. James
Plisson synthetic
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

70FB55F2-F4D9-457B-9342-95BF37456F49.jpeg
The more time that I spend using DE razors the more I appreciate the simple and mild and the EJ. A cracking two pass shave and an exceptional lather made this morning’s shave much more than the sum of it’s parts.

Last edited:
SOTD 13-Mar
1000024124-02.jpeg
Brush: Dogwood DG V16
Soap: Seaforth Black Watch
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Cracking shave this morning, blade is usually a little rough on the first outing but it was remarkably smooth. Not going to complain in the slightest.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
13/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1951 - Windrose handle
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
Wk 11  (5).jpg
I think the 1912 is looking pretty good sporting the Windrose handle.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD 13-Mar
View attachment 118144
Brush: Dogwood DG V16
Soap: Seaforth Black Watch
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Cracking shave this morning, blade is usual a little rough on the first outing but it was remarkably smooth. Not going to complain in the slightest.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good day.

Cheers

Marc
Yes I find the GEM blade a bit rough on it’s first outing, smooth afterwards.

20240313_115640.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps Shower scrub.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat 2024
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger, plate 3.
Blade Nacet 2nd use.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

Next time you order from Signature soaps pop a tin of shower scrub in the basket, it's fabulous and does a great job of prepping you face for the shave ahead.

I am enjoying the new MWF formulation as it always lathers up quickly and easily.
The Highlander Badger Brush just gets better with every use and I have found my Boar brush the same. Worth every penny and some.
The Nacet provides a lovely smooth shave especially when paired with the Stinger, I should really use the razor more often, I'm not sure why I don't unless it's because of the hassle of drying it all off hmmmm.

Anyway that's all folkes I am now off to break a few hearts by walking outside wearing my wedding ring. My wife is just so lucky she bagged me first and naturally I remind her of that every day.
Laters.
season 2 laters GIF by BBC Three

8qDNgcF.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Dr. Selby Lavender
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Gillette Nacet (Made in France) (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Lavande Violette Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge EdC

Dr. Selby soap and cream are both marked "triple concentrated", and in practice live up to this specification.

View attachment 118150

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps Shower scrub.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat 2024
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger, plate 3.
Blade Nacet 2nd use.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

Next time you order from Signature soaps pop a tin of shower scrub in the basket, it's fabulous and does a great job of prepping you face for the shave ahead.

I am enjoying the new MWF formulation as it always lathers up quickly and easily.
The Highlander Badger Brush just gets better with every use and I have found my Boar brush the same. Worth every penny and some.
The Nacet provides a lovely smooth shave especially when paired with the Stinger, I should really use the razor more often, I'm not sure why I don't unless it's because of the hassle of drying it all off hmmmm.

Anyway that's all folkes I am now off to break a few hearts by walking outside wearing my wedding ring. My wife is just so lucky she bagged me first and naturally I remind her of that every day.
Laters.
season 2 laters GIF by BBC Three
If you ever want to sell that handle ….. :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom