TV non characters

In the 1990s sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances", Hyacinth would often speak to "Sheridan" on the phone, and yet they were never seen onscreen. I assume that was one of her daughters.

Also, in "One Foot In The Grave", Victor Meldrew's neighbour would often reference his elderly mother, and yet I don't remember ever seeing her at all. Just vague, brief references, or unclear glimpses of her behind net curtains. (When I say "neighbour", I refer to his other neighbour, not the one played by Angus Deayton).

In the 1990s sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances", Hyacinth would often speak to "Sheridan" on the phone, and yet they were never seen onscreen. I assume that was one of her daughters.

Also, in "One Foot In The Grave", Victor Meldrew's neighbour would often reference his elderly mother, and yet I don't remember ever seeing her at all. Just vague, brief references, or unclear glimpses of her behind net curtains. (When I say "neighbour", I refer to his other neighbour, not the one played by Angus Deayton).
Sheridan was her son who enjoyed the finer things in life like silk pajamas, he also had some very close male friends! :)

Paul.

Mrs Columbo... Never seen her once..
I can't help watching for actors that don't speak. They have to pay them minimum agreed wage if they speak so they don't.
Waiters. Taxi drivers. Reception staff and many more in films and TV don't speak a word. It's very odd when you notice..
Though Peter Falk's actual wife did appear in a number of episodes, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom