Closed UK Pass Around: Bunny Razor V3 - Finished.

Thur 14th April
Second Bunny Shave.
Decided to do the Shave in two parts today, using " wild " comb on my more difficult RHS, and the "mild " on the LHS.

Prepped my face using Heno de Pravia glycerine soap , followed up by Lathering with
reliable MWF.
Part One
Taking care and initially using short strokes, I noticed immediately the noise produced
when using this comb. I could also feel it demolishing whiskers. Unlike many I did need to shave today. Whilst I was generally pleased with the smoothness and finished shave , I actually felt happier with the "notso " comb used yesterday.

Part Two
Made sure the comb change was away from wash hand basin, only took seconds. Upon restarting the shave , the lack of audible feed back was noticeable as was the feeling of smoothness. In fact I got the distinct impression that the whiskers were not being eliminated. I resisted the temptation to do extra passes , as by feeling my face it was obvious that that the razor had done its job.The Shave on this side of the face was so smooth and easy with a great close finish.
Overall
Another really good shave , with no problems whatsoever. Just finished off with my usual Alum Rub/Rinse and an application of invigorating After Shave. So a very Happy Bunny using a Bunny.

IMG_0463.jpg

Not sure if it happening around here but some folks have mentioned Rinsing Issues in the USA..I have No Idea where this would come from but I don't use Sewage Shaving Cream..Just look at the Video..Rinsing Problems my Butt..:eek:

Last edited:
Fri 15th April
Third Bunny Shave
Decided that as there are many folks on the pass around list , I may limit my Shaves to
the Modern Blades on the Market [ not the Personna], thus speeding up the pass around.
So having tried the Different Combs, with a Schick [ "Chick"], it is loaded up today with
the Schick Single Blade injector, made in Japan, and equipped with the "notso" comb.

Again using a Soap, as I suspect the deep comb may well get filled up quickly if using a Cream.
Starting with short strokes, there was a little noise and one could feel the blade in action. Gaining in confidence I had what I feel was a quick shave , which was very smooth and forgiving especially around the chin. Have not got it right on top lip around nostrils.

So again, I got another really good shave with the Bunny, but felt that the change of blade did not
make much difference. I have not mentioned the smooth handle , as I do not have any problems
using razors fitted with them. Perhaps people who overload their brushes ,end up with slippy hands.

IMG_0465.jpg

Thanks - very interesting.
It's still unclear whether there will be a commercial version of the Bunny which is tantalising.

Like a good few other people, I feel that I MUST own one!
I'd like to think that Tom is beavering away, making at least a few - which he'll offer to those in the pass arounds :D

Last edited:
Sat 16th April
Fourth Bunny Shave , shave time 14m 35sec
Sticking with a "notso" comb, and the Japanese single Schick [2] , as felt yesterday was a bit rushed, and maybe the Lather not quite right.

Today got what I felt was a thinner lather, but it seemed to suit the set up. The shave was very
easy and comfortable , and the overall finish was probably the best to date. Again there were no problems, and I would be quite happy to use this as a Daily Razor,apart from the fact that I now
enjoy rotating razors.

IMG_0472.jpg

Sun 17th April
Fifth Bunny Shave
Have decided that as with most Adjustables I prefer a medium setting, and so far the. "Notso" comb is the one that works best for me. So today will stick with it & Schick [Japanese single] on 3.

The change today is that I am using a Cream [Sorry Billy ! ]. First few strokes, so smooth and face
cleared of lather. Relathering as required , but taking care to rinse the Razor frequently to clear residue from the comb. I had a very pleasant shave with First Class results,perhaps not quite as good as yesterday with a Hard Soap.

At the end of the Shave, I removed the Comb and due to the gap between the back of the comb plate and the razor there was a large build of cream residue ,which needed to be cleaned off. So as Billy infers, this razor seems better suited to the use of soaps.

IMG_0473.jpg

Mon 18th April

Sixth Bunny Shave
Decided today to have my first ever shave with a Twin Blade. As I had already decided not to use the NOS blades in the Bunny Pack, I for the first time selected a modern Japanese Schick Blade.
Loading of the blade was not at all easy ,and withdrew the key a couple of times , but as the loaded blade had slipped from one of the stops I had to persevere.

Sticking with a "notso" comb, the shave was very smooth and felt very efficient. However,at the end of the shave there was hardly any difference in the shave quality afforded by this blade , compared with the Single Blade. Perhaps the Twin blade would suit someone who likes to miss shaving for a few days , personally as a daily shaver I do not feel the the extra cost of a twin
has any benefits for me.

Again removed the comb,and pleased to say no soap build up at the rear of comb. Maybe tomorrow see how the blade. performs on a more aggressive comb.

IMG_0474.jpg

Sixth Bunny Shave- aftermath
Was not too enamoured with my Bunny Shave today, with a modern Twin Blade Schick. A few hours on and my face does not feel as smooth as after previous shaves!

FergieBilly has informed me that he has had similar experience , so instead of carrying on with the Twin , I have decided on a change of Plan. I will now use a modern Personna for tomorrows Shave.

I encountered a previously reported problem, the plastic dispenser and the Bunny do not get on, so I transferred a blade to a Schick Dispenser, and loaded up. Have put the Twin blade aside,for use in an M type. Knowing how relatively mild the Personna seems to be , I had better start tomorrow with the "wild" comb.

Tue 19th April
Seventh Bunny Shave and a Rescue Mission !.
When I received this Razor I had decided to use only modern blades , which are currently available in the Market Place. The only exception being the Personna,which I found did not work for me in some Injectors yet in others was very good.

After a less than satisfactory shave with a modern Twin , I decided to take a chance with a Personna utilising the "wild "comb to compensate for its mildness.

This morning use a Tabac stick which is always good for me. After a few strokes when the razor glided across the surface, it was obvious not much was happening in the stubble reduction area,
though I felt the blade edge. I then quickly changed to a "notso" comb , which seems to be the
one to work. The situation then got worse , and despite attempting to shave nothing was happening.

Thoroughly frustrated I nearly picked up a Schick Adjustable which was nearby. So with lather drying on my face, I resorted to a blade rejection, and loaded up with a Schick [ Chick ]. What a relief, the razor immediately performed as it should and I ended up with a more than satisfactory
shave. The main consolation for today besides the finished shave , is that I suffered no cuts or irritation during this saga.

I have learnt over 7 shaves, that the Bunny is a super shaver for me on a "Notso" comb, using modern Schick blades. Also it is better suited to Soaps,as creams see to clog up the back of comb plate. Is the straight handle a problem? not for me. Would I Like one ? YES, YES. Thanks to Tom for allowing us lucky ones to try out his hand crafted masterpiece. Also thanks to Andreas for organising the pass around. In the next couple of days will have more shaves ,and get Razor packed up to go to Burgundy.

IMG_0475.jpg

Tue 19th April
Seventh Bunny Shave and a Rescue Mission !.
When I received this Razor I had decided to use only modern blades , which are currently available in the Market Place. The only exception being the Personna,which I found did not work for me in some Injectors yet in others was very good.

After a less than satisfactory shave with a modern Twin , I decided to take a chance with a Personna utilising the "wild "comb to compensate for its mildness.

This morning use a Tabac stick which is always good for me. After a few strokes when the razor glided across the surface, it was obvious not much was happening in the stubble reduction area,
though I felt the blade edge. I then quickly changed to a "notso" comb , which seems to be the
one to work. The situation then got worse , and despite attempting to shave nothing was happening.

Thoroughly frustrated I nearly picked up a Schick Adjustable which was nearby. So with lather drying on my face, I resorted to a blade rejection, and loaded up with a Schick [ Chick ]. What a relief, the razor immediately performed as it should and I ended up with a more than satisfactory
shave. The main consolation for today besides the finished shave , is that I suffered no cuts or irritation during this saga.

I have learnt over 7 shaves, that the Bunny is a super shaver for me on a "Notso" comb, using modern Schick blades. Also it is better suited to Soaps,as creams see to clog up the back of comb plate. Is the straight handle a problem? not for me. Would I Like one ? YES, YES. Thanks to Tom for allowing us lucky ones to try out his hand crafted masterpiece. Also thanks to Andreas for organising the pass around. In the next couple of days will have more shaves ,and get Razor packed up to go to Burgundy.

View attachment 17999
Sounds as if you ran the blade across the Stops..The Bunny does well with a Personna Blade..That said the Optimal Blade is the Chick blade..Interestingly the Bunny will have been the 1st Injector to have been designed around the Chick blade when it was getting Dialled in..Tom would be Better Qualified to Comment on that One..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom