Closed UK Pass Around: Bunny Razor V3 - Finished.

Sounds as if you ran the blade across the Stops..The Bunny does well with a Personna Blade..That said the Optimal Blade is the Chick blade..Interestingly the Bunny will have been the 1st Injector to have been designed around the Chick blade when it was getting Dialled in..Tom would be Better Qualified to Comment on that One..:D

Billy

Billy

That is true. The Chick blade is the most one I used to get all of my measurements from. I put it on a comparator to get the angles os the blade. That is where i started from. I basically built the razor around the blade.

It seems to have worked out satisfactory.

Tom

Billy

That is true. The Chick blade is the most one I used to get all of my measurements from. I put it on a comparator to get the angles os the blade. That is where i started from. I basically built the razor around the blade.

It seems to have worked out satisfactory.

Tom

Billy's right - that's a big selling point and goes a long way to explain why the Bunny shaves so so well.
As we say here in Devon, proper job!

Last edited:
Yes you are correct.
Hi Tom,
I have also got quite superb Shaves with your Razor, using the modern Japanese Schick single blade. Tried the Twin,but it did not work for me. But cost & availabity wise the " Chick is probably
the one that most folk will use.
Mike B
PS Photo shows Japanese Schick in Blue / green card [ 10 ], Chick in Yellow card [7]

IMG_0338.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Tom,
I have also got quite superb Shaves with your Razor, using the modern Japanese Schick single blade. Tried the Twin,but it did not work for me. But cost & availabity wise the " Chick is probably
the one that most folk will use.
Mike B

Yes I found the twins cut great, but they did not agree with my face. I found a cut down Feather AC works really well for me. I only have 3 shaves with this setup. So I am not sure how long it will last me.

I can get 5 great shaves in all of my injectors with 3 full passes with the Chicks. My experience with Feathers 4 is about it.

Tom

Wed 20th April
Eighth Bunny Shave
It is appropriate that for what is my last Bunny Shave, I will use a Schick "Chick", which Tom used
in designing the head for The Bunny.

With a very slick lather provided as usual with MWF, the shave went off perfectly. For me set up with the " notso " comb and a" Chick" blade, I can expect to get a Top Class Shave every time.

Also, after using it for 8 consecutive shaves, though I sustained 1 weeper [ my fault ],at no time have I had suffered any irritation. The mantra has to be , a light touch,take your time, and do not over-shave.
My Views on Bunny
1 Handle nice length, Keep it smooth-then you can maintain a nice sheen by polishing.

2. Blade retaining spring , though there is some movement - not a problem . But Long term it might be good to revert to use of 3 retaining pins. I think spaced properly they would not only secure the blade spring plate , but would look nicer.

3 Regarding the combs, i personally use a medium setting on any Adjustable Razor, so the " Notso" worked perfectly for me. Not sure the " mild " one is at all necessary , while the "wild "
may suit other users.

4 Desire-ability If Tom were to market it , I would buy it. But not too sure with the current
trend towards Stainless Steel , whether it would sell in sufficient numbers, to allow Tom to buy
an Ocean Going Yacht .
However, if he wishes to get rid of one of the ones he has made so far, I will provide it with a welcoming Burrow.

IMG_0478.jpg

Wed 20th April
Eighth Bunny Shave
It is appropriate that for what is my last Bunny Shave, I will use a Schick "Chick", which Tom used

With a very slick lather provided as usual with MWF, the shave went off perfectly. For me set up with the " notso " comb and a" Chick" blade, I can expect to get a Top Class Shave every time.

Also, after using it for 8 consecutive shaves, though I sustained 1 weeper [ my fault ],at no time have I had suffered any irritation. The mantra has to be , a light touch,take your time, and do not over-shave.
My Views on Bunny
1 Handle nice length, Keep it smooth-then you can maintain a nice sheen by polishing.

2. Blade retaining spring , though there is some movement - not a problem . But Long term it might be good to revert to use of 3 retaining pins. I think spaced properly they would not only secure the blade spring plate , but would look nicer.

3 Regarding the combs, i personally use a medium setting on any Adjustable Razor, so the " Notso" worked perfectly for me. Not sure the " mild " one is at all necessary , while the "wild "
may suit other users.

4 Desire-ability If Tom were to market it , I would buy it. But not too sure with the current
trend towards Stainless Steel , whether it would sell in sufficient numbers, to allow Tom to buy
an Ocean Going Yacht .
However, if he wishes to get rid of one of the ones he has made so far, I will provide it with a welcoming Burrow.

View attachment 18015
I have Both the Bunny V 2 & V 3..I think one thing that might just be overlooked with the Pass Around Bunny Injectors is that they are Passing through Many "Incompetent" Hands..I have watched these Threads both here & the USA & the One thing that I have Noticed is that more than a Few Plonkers have been Forcing & Twisting NOS Injector Magazines to Load a Blade & they are Destroying the Spring for Sure..:eek:

This has Irritated me Somewhat because the Spring on the V1 & V2 is Very Strong..I don't see anything Wrong with the Design..In the Contrary..Its very Robust but some Folks have not Listened to my Test Pilot Threads Clearly Expounding that most NOS Magazines DO NOT FIT the BUNNY..In Other words..Don't Fecken Use them..:confused:

Folks have ignored this & Twisted & Manipulated the Spring all the Way to Hell & Back..I know that because I know they Don't Fit & I have listened & Watched for what Folks are saying they had to Do..I always knew that Folks that are only used to Schick Injectors would get up to all sorts of silly stuff with the Bunny..I am not referring to You here by the Way..:D

Bottom Line..Do Not Feckin use NOS Magazines with the Bunny Injector..:mad:

Billy

Last edited:
I have Both the Bunny V 2 & V 3..I think one thing that might just be overlooked with the Pass Around Bunny Injectors is that they are Passing through Many "Incompetent" Hands..I have watched these Threads both here & the USA & the One thing that I have Noticed is that more than a Few Plonkers have been Forcing & Twisting NOS Injector Magazines to Load a Blade & they are Destroying the Spring for Sure..:eek:

This has Irritated me Somewhat because the Spring on the V1 & V2 is Very Strong..I don't see anything Wrong with the Design..In the Contrary..Its very Robust but some Folks have not Listened to my Test Pilot Threads Clearly Expounding that most NOS Magazines DO NOT FIT the BUNNY..In Other words..Don't Fecken Use them..:confused:

Folks have ignored this & Twisted & Manipulated the Spring all the Way to Hell & Back..I know that because I know they Don't Fit & I have listened & Watched for what Folks are saying they had to Do..I always knew that Folks that are only used to Schick Injectors would get up to all sorts of silly stuff with the Bunny..I am not referring to You here by the Way..:D

Bottom Line..Do Not Feckin use NOS Magazines with the Bunny Injector..:mad:

Billy
Billy,
I think you are right, the Razor has been designed for Modern Blades,that is why I stuck to them.
Only mistake I made was with a Personna, which I had to put in Schick dispenser [ "Chick'" one }.

My advice Stick with a "chick"!, though the Japanese single is good if you have one. Start with a "notso ", and use a light touch lathering with soap not a cream.

Last edited:
... and the Bunny is on the move again ....

1. Nico1970
  2. Bechet
  3. globalm
  4. rowlers
  5. mpf9ret
  6. Burgundy
  7. Tall_Paul
  8. Boab
  9. Rufus Firefly
  10. Geofnay
  11. Sabre
  12. grarea
  13. missingskin
  14. Francorelli
  15. p.b
  16. UKRob
  17. barber bear
  18. Stacy555
  19. mikebrownington
The list is open.

Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

Billy,
I think you are right, the Razor has been designed for Modern Blades,they is why I stuck to them.
Only mistake I made was with a Personna, which I had to put in Schick dispenser [ "Chick'" one }.

My advice Stick with a "chick"!, though the Japanese single is good if you have one. Start with a "notso ", and use a light touch lathering with soap not a cream.
That's Spot on Mike..All Folks have to Do is Decant a Blade into a Chinese Magazine..This is not uncommon with Injectors that were not made by Schick..I aways knew that some Schick Injector users would struggle loading the Bunny just because its Not a Schick..Folks that are used to American Safety Razor Injectors know about these things..:p

Billy

Wed 20th April
Eighth Bunny Shave

My Views on Bunny

may suit other users.

an Ocean Going Yacht .

View attachment 18015

If I do purchase an ocean going vessel, it will likely be a 8 foot dingy. If you guys don't mind I will name it Boaty McBoatface II. [emoji3]

That is the best name Ever for a boat.

Tom

Will let everyone know when it arrives! I only intend to use this with one blade type (Chick) to better guide my reflections on how the razor (and combs) shaves.

It'll be interesting to compare how this shaves to my Schick and Feather injectors. Unfortunately, I haven't owned a Personna and didn't give a PAL I had (part of an eBay lot) a few years ago enough attention.

Back
Top Bottom