6 Nations 2013

monkeytennis said:
Surely Howley has done enough now to get the coach position. Fantastic match!

Howley is the stand in coach, but If he keeps on developing then maybe in the next few years he will get the nod, the fact that we are such a young team and the amount of talent I see on a weekly basis playing in Wales should bring much success in the future, a special mention must go to Shaun Edwards our defence coach we have the meanest defence in the 6 nations, well done Wales, and well done England for a brave show. PS I knew Wales would take on the England forwards and in the scrum and at the breakdown, we are the only team in the 6 nations that actually have two real number sevens all the other backrows tend to go with two number sixes.

Jamie

12178628211947449361AJ_Buddy_cryingsvghi.png

Woohoo! :)

Before the start of the game, I was thinking that Wales would win but wouldn't get the extra eight points they needed. Happy to be proven wrong - a truly great and entertaining game :)

pugh-the-special-one said:
monkeytennis said:
Surely Howley has done enough now to get the coach position. Fantastic match!

Howley is the stand in coach, but If he keeps on developing then maybe in the next few years he will get the nod, the fact that we are such a young team and the amount of talent I see on a weekly basis playing in Wales should bring much success in the future, a special mention must go to Shaun Edwards our defence coach we have the meanest defence in the 6 nations, well done Wales, and well done England for a brave show. PS I knew Wales would take on the England forwards and in the scrum and at the breakdown, we are the only team in the 6 nations that actually have two real number sevens all the other backrows tend to go with two number sixes.

Jamie

I get that he is the stand in coach, but I really feel that he has proved himself in this 6 nations. To go from a loss to winning the championship is impressive. I agree about Edwards (rather feel the lions have missed out)! Feel that with his yellow card O'Driscoll has shot himself in the foot as well. Really the welsh team just had far more experience and class, was a really good match!

deco said:
Any rugby fans here.

I fancy France this year, only because it might be a year too early for England. Ireland and Wales outside chances, but probably scrapping it out for third spot. Scotland and Italy to decide the wooden spoon.

This was the post that started the thread. First sentence was definitely 50% wrong. Second sentence started out OK but ended up totally wrong.
Third sentence just wrong.

UKRob said:
deco said:
Any rugby fans here.

I fancy France this year, only because it might be a year too early for England. Ireland and Wales outside chances, but probably scrapping it out for third spot. Scotland and Italy to decide the wooden spoon.

This was the post that started the thread. First sentence was definitely 50% wrong. Second sentence started out OK but ended up totally wrong.
Third sentence just wrong.

Don't be too harsh, Rob - that seemed a perfectly sensible prediction at the time.:icon_rolleyes: Well, England, as was said, continued their lack of form from the Italy match. They barely kept themselves in it during the first half tanks to decent defending, but, when Wales moved up a gear, England crumbled and seemed to revert to the bad old days of Andy Robinson's period as head coach.

I fear that England have lost the ability to play heads-up rugby - the backs seem to drift across, one pass and into contact, the same each time. As for the forwards, once it it became obvious that that prick Steve Walsh was going to do his usual fannying-around act with the scrum, the front row had no idea how to respond and adapt. You have to be able to adapt to the vagaries of the referee, even you you may consider him useless in officiating the set-piece (which I do), but England were unable to regain parity.

Well, what an absolutely fantastic day. Huge Welsh fan couldn't ask for any better. Italian victory which can only be a good thing for both the 6 nations and the celtic league, Englands day totally ruined by a dominant welsh side, and Stuart lancaster wearing his ass on his face post match, and the French ending up with the wooden spoon. Pretty sure it doesn't get any better?

I'm that elated about Scotland finishing third, Wales thrashing England and the French getting the wooden spoon that I might carve the ruddy spoon myself. From Scotland to France: here, it's your turn Froggies!

chrisbell said:
..........England ......... seemed to revert to the bad old days of Andy Robinson's period as head coach.

It certainly looked that way to me, too, but - was all that bashing and trying to crash through the centre less about a team style and more about individuals seeking glory with Lions selection in mind? Never a clever strategy and particularly so yesterday! How many times did the carrier fail to pass outward when there were glaringly obvious opportunites there - from the perspective of my armchair, anyway.

Feeling depressed. Then reminded myself:

World Cup Final appearances:

New Zealand 3
Australia 3
South Africa 2
France 3
England 3

Grand Slams

Nation Grand Slams Grand Slam winning seasons
England 12 1913, 1914, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1928, 1957, 1980, 1991, 1992, 1995, 2003
Wales 11 1908*, 1909*, 1911, 1950, 1952, 1971, 1976, 1978, 2005, 2008, 2012 wales is nations champions 2013 six nations
France 9 1968, 1977, 1981, 1987, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2010
Scotland 3 1925, 1984, 1990
Ireland 2 1948, 2009
Italy 0

Back
Top Bottom