Acquisitions 1st Feb - 29th Feb 2016

5 Wilkinson sticks for £6 all in off Ebay

2ad80f7bc373be903c73063a8fbd0c92.jpg

Nice little score that. I've been trying to get one for nostalgia as I felt it was the only decent soap I tried when I still used cartridges. Must actually add it to my eBay searches, cheers.

DSC_0248_zpstyhw1gj1.jpg

DSC_0250_zpskwivajbu.jpg

Got my Mason Pearson Pure Badger Brush through the door..These brushes have a Simpsons Knot but I wasn't expecting it to be a hard soap latherer but I was way off the Mark..Haslinger is a Hard Tallow Soap & the Pearson Brush ate it for breakfast..The handle is an Absolute Corker size wise..Makes me wonder why they make them any smaller than this..£20.00 Posted...Cant be bad at that..:D

Billy

Well it only cost around £30 with postage and it's in real good condition. Everything is tight with no sloppy or loose parts.
With that in mind £40 in all isn't bad considering the build quality. If this was made today they wouldn't be cheap razors.

My postman has been busy!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Actually I've had the Rocket for a couple of weeks (my first rocket!) and shaved with it last night. Everything else arrived today. This is also my first injector, I don't even have blades for it yet! The epoxy is to fix a damaged Gillette new.

My Dorian brush arrived this morning. Tracked end-to-end from departure in Austria on Monday, to my doorstep today, that was pretty quick.
I tapped the wrapped parcel, and thought it a bit solid for a cardboard box. Little did I realise that it would come in a Dorian pyrographed wooden case, with edition number ticket etc. Superb presentation for a rather beautiful brush, which will get a first use tomorrow.
Dorian-0001.JPG Dorian-0002.JPG Dorian-0003.JPG

Now that's a really nice brush.....
Thanks.
It was a bit longer in the making than originally planned, as Michael ("Mr. Dorian") had been unwell last month, but I was amazed at the quality of presentation. I'll have to stop drooling over the other brushes in his gallery, which make me feel like a kid in a sweet shop - or perhaps I won't.
If I hadn't given up smoking them, I'd be in the market for his pipes, which are also things of beauty.

Thanks to @Fox and @grarea I'm over the moon or should that be walking in a Wickham Wonderland?

That would be a good name for a winter soap, eh Darron.

The 1912 smells absolutely amazing, a cross between Musgo Real classic and OSP Neroli, to me it smells very Barbershop and very good.
ff42606535b82e1714589c499e339289.jpg

These test tube racks just arrived from @sc0tt. They look great too, thanks mate.
438f48e67c2b757994807559214555cc.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom