Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

I've consoled myself with four razors. A Hex handle 1912 in rather bright green bakelite case, A cased Fat Handle Tech (been after one of these at the right price for a bit - case was a bonus), a Superspeed and what looks like it may be a Silver Ball End Tech.

All for a shade under £25 including postage - and now it's time to get off the bay! Although there looks to be one or two tonight.....

I've consoled myself with four razors. A Hex handle 1912 in rather bright green bakelite case, A cased Fat Handle Tech (been after one of these at the right price for a bit - case was a bonus), a Superspeed and what looks like it may be a Silver Ball End Tech.

All for a shade under £25 including postage - and now it's time to get off the bay! Although there looks to be one or two tonight.....

I also went for a couple of Fat Handled Tech's this afternoon,but was out bid...now I know who it was!...LOL!....The second one needed lots of love and attention though!,that's why I went for it.Who ever got them....Well done! (just a bit too pricey for my wallet).

Wouldn't have happened to be for around the £3 mark on the bay at around 3-4pm this afternoon would it? I was bidding but was leaving my final bid till the last 5 secs in an attempt to snaffle a low price - I was in the kitchen polishing up a SuperSpeed when I remembered! Mad dash but I was literally 2 seconds too late. I was preparing to go up to a tenner including postage as I rather liked the handle and the box!

Nice catch anyway - at least it went to someone here :D
Yes it was. Had missed out on many recent razors so I consider myself lucky, right place right time.
Thanks, and apologies ;)

Just acquired, think it's a 1914. No other pictures.
$_57.JPG

Yes, it's a 1914 ... and an earlier one. It might even say "Patent Pending" on the back, rather than the 14/4 date which gives it its name.

The handle contains a stropper, so grab another older thread handle, screw it into the other end and pull! Voila! Stropper attachment.

Yes, it's a 1914 ... and an earlier one. It might even say "Patent Pending" on the back, rather than the 14/4 date which gives it its name.

The handle contains a stropper, so grab another older thread handle, screw it into the other end and pull! Voila! Stropper attachment.

Oh now I'm particularly upset at missing out;)

Now why did I think this would get your attention Carl! My lovely fiancee went to dubai and picked a few up, you can order directly through his facebook page, I'll post the link up when I get home. She spent £40 on mine (100ml pure oil EDP) superb bouquet, I also really like the rose wood oud they have for sale. Why did I go for Ajmal? Very very very similar oud base as Tom Ford (separate source) I have a list of similarities from their range, written by the Mrs that may be of interest to you Carl.

Tusan Leather reminds me of grey veitver by Tom Ford mixed with vetiver by Guerlain. Very clean green vetiver, with amber and vanilla but not overly sweet.

Now why did I think this would get your attention Carl! My lovely fiancee went to dubai and picked a few up, you can order directly through his facebook page, I'll post the link up when I get home. She spent £40 on mine (100ml pure oil EDP) superb bouquet, I also really like the rose wood oud they have for sale. Why did I go for Ajmal? Very very very similar oud base as Tom Ford (separate source) I have a list of similarities from their range, written by the Mrs that may be of interest to you Carl.

Tusan Leather reminds me of grey veitver by Tom Ford mixed with vetiver by Guerlain. Very clean green vetiver, with amber and vanilla but not overly sweet.
If you search 'Ajmal Perfume' on facebook, you can then order direct.

I got an Aristocrat Junior through the post on Saturday, the type with the thick English base plate - I love the shave of these - mild but thorough for me. It was dirt cheap off the Bay as it looked goosed on the auction photos - so it got a lot of TLC over the weekend and it came up like new! And it shaved amazing this morning - if anything it shaved significantly better than my older one - I think the blade lies very well and even on this - straight into rotation. Here's a little before and after.

Ratty

Before
$_57 3.jpg
After
DSC_0367.JPG

Back
Top Bottom