Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

Here's an Ever Ready 'Sport' 1924 on a pillar base with a rather attractive fluted hex handle:

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

Here's some quick phone pics. I'll get out the DLSR and take some better pics one of these days. Maybe even give it it's own thread.

Little bit of history here, This is a Bazin's Shave Cream container. This shave cream was sold from about 1820-1890. This example probably dates from about 1850, give or take a couple decades.

The container is biscut (bisque) earthenware, and the design is from a copperplate engraving transfer. I suspect that modern glaze transfer methods can't capture the level of detail they achived back then.

The MWF is for size reference.
IMG_20150921_234602387_zpslbgyeeri.jpg

IMG_20150921_234616329_zpsms6imsus.jpg

IMG_20150921_234653524_zpsjvwzsech.jpg

IMG_20150921_234749581_HDR_zpscnwuhnpg.jpg

IMG_20150921_234805128_zpspke9izk6.jpg

IMG_20150921_234828897_zps9sustd7t.jpg

The level of detail is incredible. Just absolutely beautiful.

Now that all being said, it looks like it will hold about an ounce, ounce and a half, maybe two. I'll have to measure it. The bottom is about a half inch thick, so it won't hold much.

From the '30s?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Advert 1936

Oh, my goodness! What a scent! Absolutely beautiful! Pure floral with a green strength behind it. I do like the modern one but this vintage is a world of difference!

Well splashed and topped off with Eucris, I smell like a God!

I am absolutely, definitely and completely going to kill everyone tonight at fencing!

Ever Ready ? Bar. Similar to Gem G Bar, marked in head Ever Ready made in Great Britain. Any idea what it may be called ?View attachment 14742View attachment 14743View attachment 14744
Yeah, as Paul said...They were called the Natural Angle Razor in the UK......The term G Bar is a slang name because of the letter G on the handle....Yours may have the letter E ....Some had no letter on the handle at all....These were introduced around 1951 and became popular as they are very user friendly....I would say they just sit left of middle of the road in terms of aggression....Very efficient...I love mine a lot.....I find the solid guide bar design to be excellent as in the Featherweight and the Clog Pruf......The Clog Pruf is the Cream of the Crop in terms of Later GEM Razors in my books....

Last edited:
Received a Personna Floating Head from 1973 (I believe the black handled one is from 1972).
2mrwrw6.jpg

The back of the package in case anyone bought one w/out the packaging and was curious as to what was on it:
34r64bc.jpg

It took about 22 seconds before I decided to liberate it from it's packaging as I will have to shave with it....
2lw9egm.jpg

1ghkkx.jpg

Will be great fun to see how it works out for me......

I like the Sensor. Nice set, that. I've seen an upright one, too, in a transparent tube. I think there was a silver and a gold edition. I also think the Sensor was the first non-disposable razor I bought and thought it very plush :D

Seller on eBay is selling off some Gillette Sensor special edition cases like mine - all NOS ones.
I believe the ones being sold are;
- Gold (as the one I got above),
- Gold w/ Pen,
- Titanium,
- Platinum, and
- Silver

If the auctions have ended she's likely to re-list them again

Arrived today ...

Tabac Aftershave (I'm on my last drops) ... Oooh! Facelift bottle!
Pashana Aftershave ... Pishana, indeed! Tut! This is gorgeous!
Bogart One Man Show EDT ... a chypre, apparently ... damn good! Very "me" :D

globalm said:
If you like Veg though you'll probably love Pash.

Oh, yes, very much ... good burn, too. Yes, another very "me".

Seller on eBay is selling off some Gillette Sensor special edition cases like mine - all NOS ones.
I believe the ones being sold are;
- Gold (as the one I got above),
- Gold w/ Pen,
- Titanium,
- Platinum, and
- Silver

If the auctions have ended she's likely to re-list them again

Neat set, there. I think it was Sterling silver and gold, the containers I recall. They'll have been British market specials. I'm not keen on pivoting razors now (Gillette Guard excepted), but the blades I buy for my Trac IIs are also Contour (ATRA) compatible which maybe I'll get an example some day.

Back
Top Bottom