Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

Found a 1912 in a Green case that I didn't have so snapped it up...Unfortunately it was wrapped in a little bit of bubble wrap and stuffed in a thin jiffy bag - It didn't stand a chance with MyHermes!

Broken1912.jpg

It was only £6.95 and the seller refunded £4 and let me keep it - I'll find a case for it soon...

That case probably survived fifty odd years unscathed till some Muppet who couldn't care less caused something inevitable to happen.
Don't know what goes through these people's minds - the bit of history they're passing on will get spoilt, it'll cost them money and hassle to refund part or all of their sale and they'll probably get bad feedback. All for the sake of a bit more bubble wrap and a decent box you can pick up in a post office or pound shop!

Damn it, LeeBot! That is a shame. If you are careful with your application, that will glue back together. Shame, but you've got a lovely razor in there and the case will have a story to tell ... chuffin' Hermes.

Meanwhile, my MyHermes man (who is a good egg) delivered me these:

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

Kai T Type disposables.

Folks looking at those and thinking that they look like a lightweight, cheapo copy of the Wilkinson Sword Bonded Razor will be along the right lines, although I have read that Kai introduced these in 1951! So, perhaps we're looking at the "inspiration" for Wilkinson Sword here.

Shave? Dunno yet ... they're on the slate.

. All for the sake of a bit more bubble wrap and a decent box you can pick up in a post office or pound shop!

My sentiments exactly - Jiffy bags aren't protective enough for something that has no give in it. A box so it can't be placed under direct pressure and plenty of wrap so it can't rattle around. If you package something and you can hear it moving when you shake the box you need to re-package it!

Damn it, LeeBot! That is a shame. If you are careful with your application, that will glue back together. Shame, but you've got a lovely razor in there and the case will have a story to tell ... chuffin' Hermes.

To be fair the MyHermes guy round here is usually great - Something that's going to be with a load of other parcels in a van, lorry or car is gonna get jostled or be in a pile for a bit. It's up to the sender to make sure it can withstand it. I did consider glue but....I'd know! With the partial refund I've got a very nice hex handle 1912 for £2.95 including postage. Silver linings and all that!

Had a right old day today!, the Schick Krona came through, it only needed a quick go over with Peek, cotton buds, and a micro fibre, looking virtually as it did in 76!,no plate loss, just a couple of really little blisters, so happy with that!. I don't often see Krona's for sale in the UK, so we'll chuffed!.
Next one up is a 7 O'clock 'New', also cleaned up really well, in its green bakerlite case, bit of plate loss here and there, not much mind, just a little on the handle. Debating on whether to replate this or not. Some numpty thought it would be a good idea to sand down the 7 O'clock mark on the inside of the lid, so a cheap ass sticker, that said 'safety razor', '45p',would stick.... I paid a good bit more than '45p',i can tell you!. Next up was one of them cheap and nasty OC travel razors, in a tiny tin, the head is not straight, the baseplate is thinner than the head, but it was only a £1,so...

Back
Top Bottom