Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

Thank you Sir....It is indeed a thing of beauty...Its has an all alloy & brass construction...It has the original shop address on the bottom of the box...It was sold from an Opticians shop in Old Bond Street in London....Hell the working folks couldn't afford glasses at that time...Very posh you know....:D
You right there!,I am quite a fan of all the old paperwork for these old beauty's!.It's all advertising,but not as we know it!...LOL!.

It was REALLY audible Billy!,a bit tuggy too,but for a 60 year old blade,it was quite an experience!,did not expect it to hack down 4-5 days growth with relative ease....Just need to get a few new blades to see what it is really capable of!.
Yeah, it was probably an old Eversharp job....They are not nice blades...Brave man...Personna blades will perform well in this injector but if you want the real McCoy....Get these Sir....You wont regret it....o_O
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-of-2x...-new-blades-/371446742108?hash=item567bf37c5c

Billy

Yeah, it was probably an old Eversharp job....They are not nice blades...Brave man...Personna blades will perform well in this injector but if you want the real McCoy....Get these Sir....You wont regret it....o_O
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-of-2x...-new-blades-/371446742108?hash=item567bf37c5c

Billy
Whoever bought the razor,managed to break the ejector within a few uses,so the original HM blade injector still has some blades in....Needless to say,being a tight ass,with the HM as my only SE,just HAD to try them old blades out,before I shell out on some new blades...LOL!.They were not all that bad TBH,they were a bit on the 'tuggy' side,but they were hacking through about 4-5 days growth!.I have to admit,even though I think the blade could of done a XTG,I was glad that I had a Krona waiting in the wings with a nice Sputnik....LOL!.

"The Tiny" no.17 of 20 by J Martins along with a jar of his rather nice Pipes of Pan soap. 30mm hmw knot in what can only be described as the biggest and heaviest handle I have seen outside of display pieces. Seriously, this this is Chuck Norris's shaving brush!

Next to a RS600 for scale

Oh, and he let me pick my number ;-)

Got a couple of EverReadys in Clamshell cases that looked the business on Ebay and there was no mention of anything untoward in the description......
Rusty.jpg

Bloody rusted hinges - Now, the rest looked decent and really quite nice. Two nice razors and a load of original Corrux blades with the original price ticket in both cases. I'd have probably been happy to pay the price even with a rusty hinge but the fact it wasn't even mentioned, let alone pictured, in the listing left me a little miffed.

The miffed soon turned to really quite pissed off as in the package was a letter from somebody else who had returned the razors before! The letter explicitly mentions the rust being the reason they were being returned. So the seller see's that yet sells them again without mentioning, picturing or in any way describing the rusting which they now undoubtedly know is a problem of note. And to top it all they leave the original complaint in the box when sending it out to the next buyer!

I opened a case to return it and there wasn't even the courtesy of a reply to my message regarding the matter despite me allowing 48hrs before returning the razors. A reply or apology would probably have been enough for me to forget about it and keep the razors - I could have easily lived with a rusty hinge at the back of one case but just ignoring it means I don't want this particular seller to have my money. It's now on it's way back to them by tracked delivery (at their expense) and I look forward to my full refund!

Cost: $1 including shipping.

Includes:
- razor,
- 10 Treet blades,
- wooden box.

"Value": Questionable at this point...we'll see...

4l3j20.jpg

Hi there Bertie - It has the words ' Germany - Solingen' Under the Merkur logo, so I think its a late one. And the knurling on the handle makes it practically stick to your fingertips - those little raised points are almost sharp!

Ratty

Got a couple of EverReadys in Clamshell cases that looked the business on Ebay and there was no mention of anything untoward in the description......
View attachment 14847

Bloody rusted hinges ...

Shame, because the dark top, light base one looked an interesting combination. Frankenbox, do you think?

There are a few of these out there, but they're generally missing one or both blade covers ... or the razor. It's worth just biding your time and waiting for a complete and good one to come along. They're nice sets otherwise. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom