Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

Shame, because the dark top, light base one looked an interesting combination. Frankenbox, do you think?

There are a few of these out there, but they're generally missing one or both blade covers ... or the razor. It's worth just biding your time and waiting for a complete and good one to come along. They're nice sets otherwise. Good luck.

Somewhere out there.....I'm beginning to get a touch remorseful as the contents such as the razors, original blades and blade boxes would have transferred very nicely into another case. I'll go mad thinking like that though so it's best not to.

Had a right old day today!, the Schick Krona came through, it only needed a quick go over with Peek, cotton buds, and a micro fibre, looking virtually as it did in 76!,no plate loss, just a couple of really little blisters, so happy with that!. I don't often see Krona's for sale in the UK, so we'll chuffed!...

The Krona is the best kept secret in DE shaving. Ingeniously simple, yet damn near idiot poof with the silo door bevels guiding the angle. The story was that it was the DE razor Gillette engineers used at home in secret as they wept tears of joy. ;) Sadly, Schick never had the resources to compete with Gillette at that time. I use one several times weekly and it never ceases to amaze me. Quite simply, the best utilitarian TTO ever made.

... couple more classic attar blends: Egyptian Majmua and Jannet el Naeem (Swiss Arabian/Givaudan).

The Naeem is soapy and musky, the Majmua quite something I've never smelled before: green, definitely, like cut grass (khus), almost minty, but not mint, fresh (the khus again). I'm sure it will be one that changes as time goes on, as is the nature of these oils.

Majmua itself turns out to be a combination of four other attars: kadam, kewda, mitti and ruh khus (vetiver), which are also sold individually. Kadam flower has been described as reminiscent of both neroli and champaca, and seems to be the hardest to get in attar. Kewda flower (via attar seller Tigerflag) “has a smooth, refreshing balsamic scent. Floral but not too sweet, with hints of hyacinth and honey.” Mitti is (literally) an essence of baked earth in sandalwood oil. Again from Tigerflag, Ruh Khus is “green and sweet, with a woodsy, smoky aroma and a hint of mint. The Indonesian Vetiver is steam distilled, velvety smooth, softly sweet and earthy.”
From: http://perfumeposse.com/2010/06/15/strange-new-love-majmua-attar/

I can see Majmua being good on days I'd enjoy Lilac Vegetal.

Meanwhile, today I'm enjoying Black Afgano (Swiss Arabian): smoke, tobacco, oudh & cannabis.

The Krona is the best kept secret in DE shaving. Ingeniously simple, yet damn near idiot poof with the silo door bevels guiding the angle. The story was that it was the DE razor Gillette engineers used at home in secret as they wept tears of joy. ;) Sadly, Schick never had the resources to compete with Gillette at that time. I use one several times weekly and it never ceases to amaze me. Quite simply, the best utilitarian TTO ever made.
It is a lot better than I was expecting!,I thought it would be really mild,but it isn't!,it is also well made too.I wouldnt say idiot proof though...I managed a nice under lip slice,but there is an idiot reason for it ,ME!.

I have always been meaning to get one of those....That shouldn't surprize me of course as Schick turned everything into Gold that they touched it would appear....Cheers....:D

Billy

@Fergiebilly I would highly recommend one!,It really is one of the great,lesser heard of DE shavers!.It is a joy to shave with,due to the handle length,and head geometry,but I wouldn't personally recommend one to newbie shavers,as you do need to apply a bit of pressure,and that's the opposite of the usual method when using a DE.Going from a Krona,to say,a Fatip Piccolo (as a newbie) would literally scar you for life!.

Now if only Schick made an all brass,rhodium plated Krona....

Some dude on another forum put Krona silo doors on a 'Fatboy' and the coolness factor was off the chart!! Personally, I think this would be better served on a Super Speed/Rocket. I have toyed with the idea and discussed it with my razor 'wizard'.

Well, after a bit of a clean up here you have my new Gillette NEW #77 set. A man can't have enough NEWs...:rolleyes:

£20

aUltuz.jpg

y0StOf.jpg

RJDuJg.jpg

62162i.jpg

LPIidy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom