Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

Not an EDT person, bit long in the Tooth. My old one for special occasions nearly finished, so went for this, as I like their other products.
Nice bottle ! Hope it smell OK, otherwise find something on Holiday.

P2050001.jpg

The old and the new. Had the Shave King for some time, nice little razor but soooooo mild. Wanted to see whether the modern version improved things

Also got a tin of their Chocolate Bourbon soap - the smell, mmmmmmm

Very nice JP - haven't seen those before. Is the double comb effect for a reason or just aesthetics?

It's supposed to help lubricate by keeping some of the soap in the second row of teeth - I think it was originally marketed as the "self-lubricating razor". Not sure how effective it is and the SK is unbelievably mild - very sought after in the U.S. though. I'm hoping the Pheonix has improved the design and is a tad more aggressive.

Bit of history here - think mine is a Type 1

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...King-Self-Lubricating-Razor-comparison-Photos

It's always nice - albeit rare - to receive something that is even better than described.
In the case of my cased, NOS Fatboy I'd have to say it falls into that category.
I looked over the razor and case and there is not a single scratch on either of them. It really is as if it came out of the factory the other day.

Will I actually use it?
Probably not as I have another Fatboy lying around.
I'll keep this on the shelf and admire it for what it is until I, most likely, will sell it off at the end of the year and hopefully get my 70-something dollars back.

Scary tidbit: See that small paper strip at the end of the case? I know collectors that would pay $20 for just that piece of paper as they always seems to be missing in these cases.
ztvipi.jpg

34hsw1t.jpg

rtgleg.jpg

It's always nice - albeit rare - to receive something that is even better than described.
In the case of my cased, NOS Fatboy I'd have to say it falls into that category.
I looked over the razor and case and there is not a single scratch on either of them. It really is as if it came out of the factory the other day.

Will I actually use it?
Probably not as I have another Fatboy lying around.
I'll keep this on the shelf and admire it for what it is until I, most likely, will sell it off at the end of the year and hopefully get my 70-something dollars back.

Scary tidbit: See that small paper strip at the end of the case? I know collectors that would pay $20 for just that piece of paper as they always seems to be missing in these cases.
ztvipi.jpg

34hsw1t.jpg

rtgleg.jpg
oh my! that is pretty special....and for $70? its a steal =)

^^^ FFS, 70-something measly bucks gets you this... o_O

@Darkbulb - pray tell, have you got your own special 'private members only' area of fleabay, wherein these wonderful items are just presented to you alone?

Us poor folk in the UK have to wade through piles of overpriced and incorrectly described shite along with the rest of the punters simply to find something half decent??

Anyway, that Fatboy is a beauty and no mistake - roll on your end of year sale!! :cool:

PS - speaking of which, and notwithstanding your other thread on the not insignificant task of disposing with certain of your acquisitions, I think this calls for a special listings brochure with lovely pictures of all the gear to be sold!!

Last edited:
Box 2.jpg
A nice Hoffritz chrome box to go with the Hoffritz (non slant!) DE Safety Bar razor that I picked up a couple of months ago - in the background are the rest of the family waiting to welcome the addition :)

Ratty

Back
Top Bottom