Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

haul-9-12-2015-jpg.77102

Received this unused Seaforth Heather 'n Fern shaving mug with soap.
It was smaller than I had pictured it to be - here it is next to a Gillette Fatboy to provide a sense of scale.
2nk5qww.jpg

I love that the original, untouched soap is still in the mug. It even has has the paper-and-plastic cover :)
2z754kg.jpg

...but the 'best' thing is that the soap still has a very noticeable Fern scent :)
rbk09k.jpg

Now the only question is...to use or to display....

I think they came out in various models and scent.
Not counting the bottles, only the mugs, I've seen them with;
- Heather 'n Fern,
- "For Men" (two different models),
- "Heather" with all green text,

Some has a brown inside..some brown on the top rim of the mug..and some no brown paint at all.

Here's some random trivia I found online:
Seaforth Men's Toiletries was the brand name of the Alfred D. McKelvey Co. founded in 1939.
Alfred D. McKelvey was of Scots origin, born and raised in Manhattan.

It was the first North American company to mass market (advertise) men's toiletries.
It was so successful that the Vick Chemical Co. (Vicks Vaporub) purchased Seaforth for big dollars in 1942.

Vick Chemical placed Seaforth under the umbrella of their Prince Matchabelli perfume division.

The Prince Matchabelli division (including Seaforth) was sold to Cheseborough-Ponds in 1958.

Unilever Corporation acquired Cheseborough-Ponds in 1987 and did away with many of the old lines, including Seaforth."
The infamous Vick Chemical Company was involved in a Web of Nazi deceit during the War years...The Nazis were actually in charge of the company into the early forties through the Swiss Banking System....They make the Mafia look like Angels Sir...o_O

Yeah, yeah ... Hugo Boss designed the uniforms and IBM made the people counters, then after that war Churchill and his pal Eisenhower (one Kermit) deposed the legitimate Shah of Persia in the sole interests of installing a puppet regime to hold up the British Persian (BP) Oil Company.

Companies stink! Where they stink of money, it's to hide the stink of blood, sweat and persecution. Companies all stink to high heaven! It's just a case of lesser evils and just how far any given person will sell their soul without lifting the lid.

I finally received my two beautiful burl brushes back from Bernd at Shavemac who did a phenomenal job replacing the worn-out knots.
On the left, California Redwood burl handle with a bulb-shaped 30mm 2-band silvertip.
On the right, Hawaiian Curly Koa burl handle with a fan-shaped 23mm D01 silvertip.
Here they are straight out of the box.

...and after a wash/shampoo.

I finally received my two beautiful burl brushes back from Bernd at Shavemac who did a phenomenal job replacing the worn-out knots.
On the left, California Redwood burl handle with a bulb-shaped 30mm 2-band silvertip.
On the right, Hawaiian Curly Koa burl handle with a fan-shaped 23mm D01 silvertip.
Here they are straight out of the box.

...and after a wash/shampoo.
Wow they look awesome Erik

Back
Top Bottom