Acquisitions Mon 16th - Sun 22nd May incl.

Very (very) small Kent comb & brush
Yardley Brilliantine
100ml Quorum EDT spray

Missus is fed up of washing moustache wax out of her combs and brushes so insisted I buy my own.

Got the brilliantine to see if it will hold my tache on those days I don't feel like the going for the full-on waxed job.

Quorum - probably the only scent that is as double-hard as me.

Have also ordered some cologne samples, some 'interesting' ones to say the least. More on that when they turn up.

Heading up to London with work tomorrow for a seminar, which finishes at 2, so enough time to nip to Jermyn Street for some acquisitions! My poor wallet's going to be taking a hit.

I've got quite a few bits on their way to me. Typical for me, I try something, like it and then plunge in both feet first...

So, I have on the way to me:

• New Forest Chubby 2 Super Badger Brush (from their "seconds" list :))
  • Merkur 34C Razor
  • Edwin Jagger EJ89L Razor
  • Gillette Flare Tip Superspeed Razor
  • Provence Santé Soap[/list:u]

Just looking at buying a selection of blades to try out and then need a shaving bowl/mug too (I threated to hi-jack the Denby gravy jug this evening - looks like it might be just right... Don't think my OH agreed though ;))

I'll hopefully have plenty to be getting on with to give me a fair chance of finding a good combination of razor & blade - maybe I should get a styptic pencil too ¬_¬

A Simpsons Chubby 2 what an amazing service from Simpsons yet again, order it yesterday postman knocks the door 11 O'clock next day, and a bottle of Duru Mens lemon cologne from my wonderful Mother inlaw while on holidays from Turkey.

Jamie

SimpsonsChubby2001.jpg

• A parcel from the country of my birth - CanadianaLand!
      • Everybody, be dancing like the rugged Canucks, eh! - hupp-ha![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

... and now that that's done ...

Inside of the package I found:
            • 225ml / 8 fl. oz. of J M Fraser's Oriental Spice shave cream
              450ml / 16 fl. oz. of J M Fraser's 'Original' shave cream
              135g bar of O' Canada Soapworks' Shaver's Soap um, ... well, shave soap.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

So, now back to the ethnic bit:
              • Everybody, be dancing like the rugged Canucks, eh!- hupp-ha Ha-ha-hahhhhh![/list:u]

• EDITED: due to misnaming;
                  • due to a massive brain-fart occluding my mental faculties for a moment
                    • - provided 'a moment' can last for hours without being detected as erroneous.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Didn't get time in the end to nip to Jermyn Street, but have also got a New Forest Chubby 2 on the way from Peter's Seconds List, and I can't wait to try it. I was going to get one of those at some point anyway, but seeing it for such a bargain price on the Seconds List, I had to pull the plug. :D

Won this auction overnight from a Canadian seller <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250818267003&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT</a><!-- m -->

Auction says made in UK but I reckon it is one of these <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20solid%20guard%20bar/1947%20Aristocrat%20light%20brown%20case%20red%20satin%20inlet%20lining.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Pi ... lining.JPG</a><!-- m --> which is a US aristocrat.

Looks to have a litle brassing on the end caps and it says it has a lazy door but I have a fixed this on a Rocket quite easily. Case looks really tidy and for about £23 delivered seems a reasonable deal if all is as it seems.

PompeyBill said:
got a New Forest Chubby 2 on the way from Peter's Seconds List, and I can't wait to try it. I was going to get one of those at some point anyway, but seeing it for such a bargain price on the Seconds List, I had to pull the plug. :D

Me too, on a Tubby 1 ;)

c9b1cb2d.jpg

G2
Mint razor
Very good box
Blade case
Ooooooo

On loan from The lovely dodgy
7d0cd05a.jpg

French open comb Kirby and
1941 no end cap ranger tech.
All to play with. !!
Hussah!
Cheers
Tim.

Like a few other members, I couldn't resist the opportunity to pick up one of the New Forest 'seconds' that are available at the moment. So here's the cheeky little Tubby 1 that arrived yesterday. The usual next-day delivery from Peter, and a gorgeous brush at a bargain price :D

Jos

tubby1.jpg

La Toja Manantiales shaving soap form Gifts&Care and they included a Lea shave stick with the order. First time I've bought from them and I'm impressed with the speed of delivery and service, I'll definitely buy from them again.

Penhaligon's English Fern EdT (50ml). I'd been meaning to buy some of this for a while, after having a sample of it last year, but had put it off due to the price. I was lucky enough to get a bottle of ebay last week for a bargain price, so glad I delayed.

Cuenco_Jab__n_de_4dbdacc5d56b5_210x210.gif
Jab__n_de_afeita_4d9efe9dda41b_210x210.jpg
mefedt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom