Acquisitions Mon 16th - Sun 22nd May incl.

Awaiting desperately my Provence Sante from on here and a couple of blades for the Rolls - I have a brand spanker on the way along with a good used. Once again the nicest part of the deal will be going to my father (its his birthday on Friday - razor was an early present, blade will have to be late!) I'm feeling for him because of the el cheapo brush he got. I might even pop down to the local chemist later and pick him up something half decent :)

They are giving away Tabac wash bags if you spend over £12 on Tabac - worth a go for a young gent?

Finding every possible distraction from revision today...

Ogalalla Bay Rum Bonanza Pack arrived today.

First experience of a bay rum A/S although have used a shave cream once.

Put a dab of limes and peppercorns on the one wrist and the sandalwood on the other just for a test run......phew hope it mellows with the minutes/hours passing as the sandalwood one is particularly pungent!

Its says to apply generously, is that wise?

Jack Force said:
Ogalalla Bay Rum Bonanza Pack arrived today.

First experience of a bay rum A/S although have used a shave cream once.

Put a dab of limes and peppercorns on the one wrist and the sandalwood on the other just for a test run......phew hope it mellows with the minutes/hours passing as the sandalwood one is particularly pungent!

I find the Bay Rum part of the sandalwood offering disappears within a few hours, but the sandalwood lingers well into the afternoon/evening. Which is a plus point in my view.

my first vintage razor <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200606067416&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT</a><!-- m --> arrived today very impressed much smaller than i expected and very light.

but gave a really good shave date code p1 it looks in ok nick to me just hope i didnt pay to much over the odds
put on a early bid and kind of won it .

Jack Force said:

Limes and peppercorns: Yes, splash it on all over, it's a nice, genuine face splash rather than a cologne. It fades quite quickly and just leaves a pleasant background smell, mainly lime and pepper but not a lot of bay rum in it at all. I actually use it as an upper body splash after the shower quite often, so yes, you can be generous.

As for the others, I found the Sage + Cedar and Sandalwood ones to be much stronger so go a bit easier. I had to swap them after a while, too strong for me.

As for my aquisitions, I forgot to post last week: I have L'occitane triple milled bath soap which is very nice indeed at bathtime. I also got L'Occitane Verdon face splash which is really, really pleasant.

Cheers for the responses gents:

Three or so hours in I can confirm that the Limes and peppercorns has mellowed into a nice subtle scent. The sandalwood one is maintaining a stronger profile, not as sharp as earlier but seems to confirm what has been said. Perhaps the sandalwood one is a good choice when out on the all dayer!!!!

Yet to try the sage and cedar.

Jack Force said:
Cheers for the responses gents:

Three or so hours in I can confirm that the Limes and peppercorns has mellowed into a nice subtle scent. The sandalwood one is maintaining a stronger profile, not as sharp as earlier but seems to confirm what has been said. Perhaps the sandalwood one is a good choice when out on the all dayer!!!!

Yet to try the sage and cedar.

I was just about to say virtually the same thing. I have the Limes and the Sandalwood, both very nice. I have the matching soaps to and they are great. The soap in a puck is easily microwaved in to another bowl or container.

Back
Top Bottom