Acquisitions Mon 16th - Sun 22nd May incl.

Postman driving me up the wall.

Note left yesterday to pick something up as too big to fit in postbox (block of flats). Assumed TOBS Lemon & Line Cream but that turned up today (too big for box but left on floor in entrance hallway). Means the cheapish badger brush is sitting in the sorting office.

Also got an EJ89 due hopefully by the weekend.

An excellent condition 1955 Gillette Red Tip razor from Frenchblade. The red tip has been repainted and looks fantastic. Quite an aggressive shave with a shark so will run through a few more options!

Thanks Max!

Jack Force said:
Ogalalla Bay Rum Bonanza Pack arrived today.

First experience of a bay rum A/S although have used a shave cream once.

Put a dab of limes and peppercorns on the one wrist and the sandalwood on the other just for a test run......phew hope it mellows with the minutes/hours passing as the sandalwood one is particularly pungent!

Its says to apply generously, is that wise?

I have the Bonanze pack as well, and find the Sage & Cedar the most pleasant of the mixed scents.

The Sandalwood one is quite different from all other sandalwood scents I have tried, and to me it smells a bit like candy from my childhood... But it lasts the longest of the four variants.

/Max

Picked up my Tubby 2 this morning. Bought this as 'seconds' but, apart from one or two minor little marks on the handle, which you wouldnt notice unless you were looking, it is as perfect and looks great. I am delighted, cant wait to try it. Thanks Peter.

Postie's just been!

I now have a Progress 404 "Bodger" brush, 2 brush stands, a travel brush tube and 30 Gillette 7 O'clock yellow razor blades!

Just got my 1965 K2 Gillette Slim Adjustable (birth year/quarter) from fleabay.

Looks in good nick and didn't pay through the nose either.

Looking forward to trying out later - with some GFT cream. Should be getting my new EJ on saturday!

Some trumpers skin food arrived today (three bottles) of coral, limes and sandalwood.

Also my Ogalla Bay rum, limes and peppercorns shaving soap stick and aftershave arrived, looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning :shave

Here's what I've acquired over the last couple of weeks - the straights mainly because I want to try my hand at restoration, and were all gathered for a few quid each. The lovely Rauh with the inlaid mother-of-pearl handle wasn't for restoration though - saw it and just had to bid for it! Lastly the rather lovely scented Royal Leather from Henk - great stuff!

Top row L - R: Rauh, Army & Navy Toilet Club, Joseph Rodgers & Sons
Bottom row L - R: Puma, WR Humphries (which seems to have leather scales!)

CIMG2882.JPG

NatJag said:
rwoodcock01 said:
Some trumpers skin food arrived today (three bottles) of coral, limes and sandalwood.

Trumpers skin food followed up with their moisturizer is the best aftershave combo I have tried to date.

Coral is the only one I have tried and it is truly good stuff, a very little goes a long way.

And it is pink, which is nice.

Some cologne samples:
  • Histoires de Parfums - 1740 - Marquis de Sade
  • État Libre d'Orange - Delicious Closet Queen
  • Caron - Nuit de Noel
  • Montale - Boisé Vanillé[/list:u]

joe mcclaine said:
Some cologne samples:
  • Histoires de Parfums - 1740 - Marquis de Sade
  • État Libre d'Orange - Delicious Closet Queen
  • Caron - Nuit de Noel
  • Montale - Boisé Vanillé[/list:u]

• Cheeky little haul there Vinny, how strong is the vanilla scent on top of the other notes in that Montale. Have always worried it would be like that Rose note in C&S No:88.

Think il have to have a go at the Histoires de Parfums - 1740 - Marquis de Sade, just to see how they carry a prune note between Leather and Patchouli.

Can i ask where you hunted those samples from. :?:

RB73 said:
Cheeky little haul there Vinny, how strong is the vanilla scent on top of the other notes in that Montale. Have always worried it would be like that Rose note in C&S No:88.

Think il have to have a go at the Histoires de Parfums - 1740 - Marquis de Sade, just to see how they carry a prune note between Leather and Patchouli.

Can i ask where you hunted those samples from. :?:

The Montale smells (to me anyway and now it has settled down) quite a lot like Imperial Leather talc, of all things! No vanilla that I can detect, and I do like vanilla (Caron Pour Un Homme).

No idea what prunes smell like so I couldn't tell you re the 1740. I don't get patchouli though, just dry, smokey, woods, tobacco and leather, did I say dry already? Not as nice as Chanel's Cuir de Russie (so don't fret andyjreid), but then again Mr de Sade wasn't as nice as Coco.

The Closet Queen is a bit 'meh'. Modern, a hint of Cool Water and then just a nice smell but nothing outstanding.

Was expecting a big load of foody christmas spice from the Nuit de Noel but it wasn't earth shattering (like Sables or Yatagan). Musky is about all I got.

Got the samples here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/</a><!-- m --> beware though, that site could seriously damage you bank account. Oh, and it's 100 times better than Les Senteurs.

I now have samples of Le Labo Patchouli 24 winging their way to me (direct from Le Labo). Another mis-nomer as it is a leather scent.

Cristobal EDT by Balenciaga.
Vitos Supercrema Soap.
Vitos Extra Super Coconut Soap.
Vitos AS Sample.

Thanks Pedro083. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom