Acquisitions - November 2022

Thank you, Guru. I can have another pill, Matron says.
floating white cat GIF by lilcozynostril

Guru says may your blades stay sharp and your soaps full.

View attachment 96587View attachment 96588
It has arrived! I finally completed my my hunt for a Vector and a lovely example of one it is too, along with a lovely barbers pole handle which will go straight onto my Tech. I can’t wait to try it out.
This should be it for purchases for me for the year, (Black Friday soaps and splashes obviously don’t count!)
Is this it? Will @LeeMaz reach his shaving nirvana?

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Is this it? Will @LeeMaz reach his shaving nirvana?

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office
Don’t worry I’m pretty sure I’ll keep the Emporium busy regardless! I feel better as I have the Shield AC which I didn’t have high hopes for, it was a bit of a gamble really, but which I love, and rate as one of my best razors, so even if I don’t find I like the Vector I don’t feel like I’ll have missed out. Now if only Tatara would hurry up with their promised AC! Don’t they know Christmas is coming!

View attachment 96587View attachment 96588
It has arrived! I finally completed my my hunt for a Vector and a lovely example of one it is too, along with a lovely barbers pole handle which will go straight onto my Tech. I can’t wait to try it out.
This should be it for purchases for me for the year, (Black Friday soaps and splashes obviously don’t count!)
Love my Vector, the polished finish feels so smooth, great shaves every time. :love:
Just a little tricky when loading the blade/assembling the head as it is much smaller compared to other SE/AC razors.

With modern stainless blades it will probably just remove the coating from the blade and make it unpleasant to shave with, but I would like to know how it works out for you, update us on the results please! (y)
Gave it a try with a Feather Hi Stainless, I personally did not notice any difference.

Woo! Incoming ... Gillette Ranger Tech

s-l1600.jpg

After some recent discussion, I thought I'd probably better add one to my collection ... while not a "Tech" it is, I suppose, a Tech.

Purportedly, they shave a tad more aggressive than the late 40's Super-Speed model which IMO shave exactly like a later Super-Speed "Flare Tip" At least that's what I have read.

Purportedly, they shave a tad more aggressive than the late 40's Super-Speed model which IMO shave exactly like a later Super-Speed "Flare Tip" At least that's what I have read.
It's a few years since I had any Super-Speeds. I had a pretty comprehensive collection, but in the end TTOs didn't really float my boat. I like Techs, remember :geek:

I've had a couple of British Rockets slip back into my collection (regular and HD), re-acquanted myself with the Wilkinson Sword Sticky and there's a late Slim Twist/G2000? too. I'm actually having a short run through TTOs this week as chance would have it, so if this arrives in the next couple of days I'll drop it into the routine.

pjgh, remember that in the mid 60's circa '63 or '64 that Gillette changed the dome angle on their TTO razors, away from the larger dome of the $1.95 ("Fatboy") to that of the Slim and all preceding/succeeding razors except the "Fatboy" which they stopped making. The smaller dome was/is more able to get under the nose better and IMO a better "all rounder". YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom