Acquisitions - week Mar. 7th to Mar. 13th incl.

N_Architect said:
Evil bay verdict against me on a dispute case raised by a buyer.

Shipped item to him 17 calendar days ago (destination: New York) via 'signed for' post (as usual).
After the first 7 days he starts complaining "where is my item".
I follow up as normal, supply him again with tracking no. but also with scan of shipping bill, explaining thoroughly that it may well be held up in customs or for security reasons.
Item was stand razor set, solid steel and heavy. I ask him repeatedly to be patient and give it more time.

As soon as 14 days go by after the item was shipped he comes back again, complaining once more.
I reply in very strong tone that he should give it more time and that I will personally trace the matter from here by contacting the Post Office directly, then get back to him.
He immediately escalates the case to a dispute, falsely claiming the info I have been providing to him was of no use and demanding a full refund.
I reply normally stating the usual reasons why he should give it at least just a bit more time, and that in addition at least 30 days are needed before I can file a claim with the Post Office here before I gladly offer him a refund.

A day later eBay gives out verdict and provide full refund to him, then asking me to set up reimbursement details in my account so that they can take the money.
I do and they may as well have taken the money back already (I have deleted those emails as I am still very angry).
I appeal the case, arguing that even though eBay may want to refund him, they should not charge me as yet since the item may arrive there this or next week.

Appeal currently pending. :twisted:

I did everything by the book, was informative to the buyer, promptly provided tracking number, and still ended up losing my item plus the $136 I had got for it.
This is a disgrace. :evil:

If it requires a signiture for receipt will that not tell you if it gets delivered the other end, and give you some leverage with e-bay.

evil minds at work here, he has had his money returned, buyer knows the tracking number, knows when postie is delivering it to him, signs it in another name or illegible signature, still claims he never received........

if he does that though, i read on t'interweb that Paypal will cover a seller through seller protection if a signature has been provided but buyer still claims non receipt. ? may be wrong here but i think thats what i read.

Hopefully "K" will get a refund from the latvian postal service....

All my fingers and toes crossed for you K. I really hope this has a good ending. If a signiture is obtained and it still doesn't get sorted the address should be circulated to our friends overseas and the chap in question should find his house burnt to the ground when he gets home from work. come to think of it, the scumbag probably doesn't have a job, so we can do the world a favour.

Thanks guys. I'm unhappy with this 'theft' but unfortunate and unfair things happen in life, that's reality, so I will deal with it.
I'll monitor the tracking info and we'll see.

Just had a telcon with my ex from Greece, she called me out of the blue earlier this evening. Told me a few important words (not related to the above), there are so many nice things within us that make other occasional misfortunes look really minor in comparison.

Now let's read about more acquisitions from TSR members... :)

A nice case for my # 58 to go in, i already have a case but it's nasty, this one looks alot nicer :D

$(KGrHqN,!hcE1hm)HF8yBNdPWzbh4!~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!m!E1FywGKDoBNdPW6ONrQ~~_12.JPG

Canuck said:
3030P said:
Not keen on the Sage & Cedar, Bay Rum [original] AS or Cologne. Just got to check with my wife, but may well be PIF'ing these.

Paul

No need to PIF those, I'll buy them from you and you won't be out of pocket. Work out what the set would have been without the ones you're keeping and I'll happily paypal the amount to you.

Ah bugger was going to offer to buy the Sage and Cedar as I wanted to try it before forking out for a full size bottle......... :( :(

It's amazing what turns up in a junk shop in Hastings....... ;) Some strange makes I have never heard of and some I have (Giesen & Forsthoff 42 Timor)

5 x Straights cheap enough to practise honing/stropping on.......
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

A 40's Tech + A.N Other Tech and a pack of blades for Valet Auto Strop (un-opened) and an Ever Ready in mint condition. Last 2 will be on BST if you are interested (Both now gone !!). BTW the Ever Ready is not black it is just the reflection of the camera............yup it's that shiny........ ;)
[attachment=2]

Attachments

• IMG_1613.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 15
  • IMG_1610.jpg
  • IMG_1614.jpg
N_Architect said:
Thanks guys. I'm unhappy with this 'theft' but unfortunate and unfair things happen in life, that's reality, so I will deal with it.
I'll monitor the tracking info and we'll see.

Just had a telcon with my ex from Greece, she called me out of the blue earlier this evening. Told me a few important words (not related to the above), there are so many nice things within us that make other occasional misfortunes look really minor in comparison.

Now let's read about more acquisitions from TSR members... :)

Nice sentiments. Hope you get it sorted.

Hiya,

Snagged this little treasure on ebay yesterday. Heh, it looks like a nothing soap, but it's a sleeper.....vintage Surrey. It's probably my favorite of any soap or cream I've tried over the years. Matter of fact, I have a puck of this going right now in my rotation. Shame that it weighs less than two ounces, but it's still good for 30-40 shaves or so.

Martin

Attachments

• Surrey win.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 116
Thank you for your words!
I use Photoscape. It is a simple software to use. And best of all, it is free! :D
Look here: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.photoscape.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.photoscape.org</a><!-- w -->

Ever since Blyth Spirit and Trainman introduced me to soap sticks last year I always wanted a container for a small brush and stick; La Toja the exception. Palmoive is good stuff Guys! They both told me just to ask you on the forum but I didn't want to be a burden. Well I got this gear for $10.00 a couple hours west of Dodgy, who resides in Chi-Town, a loyal Cubs fan he is. Dodgy if you get over near the "Miss-a-sip", nothing in Savannah, just in Thompson (where I got this kit) and Albany where I picked up that red tip for 3 bucks. I won't get back to heaven until Fall. If you have the time you may want to head north to Galena. If I only had the time I would have; I crossed over the river to Iowa on I-80, near LeClaire - nothing in those shops. I'll PM you if I get near your neck of the woods and I'll offer to buy you lunch. The Bonnyman Scuttle over the past year has been used frequently. But that's another topic. All the best, Robert

Attachments

• Travel Kit for 10 bucks.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 58
They both arrived today, along with a free tube of Arko shaving cream, like to say cheers to Ercan from Turkey for that along with the very good price I payed for the Vulfix 2235 super badger, and thanks to New Forest brushes for my sivertip badger, so as promised a few shots of the new acquistions

Jamie.

shaving008.jpg

shaving004.jpg

shaving002.jpg

shaving005.jpg

shaving006.jpg

shaving007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom