Acquisitions - week Mar. 7th to Mar. 13th incl.

Razors in from my new (as yet untapped) source ;) ;)

A D1 Superspeed (1958)
A D1 TV Superspeed (1958)
A 1912 Ever Ready Cased Single Edge

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

And now first of all a Big Thank You to Beejay for his skilled work on the two Brush restorations

A Vintage Butterscotch that was in a mess when i sent it to Beejay that has been knotted with a Horse Hair knot, thought i would like something different in this one......

A Vintage "Barbershop" Bristle brush that had a scratched chipped handle, the Bristle has been replaced with a Nice Badger Knot and he has made a new handle in Ash Wood for me, slightly longer and a little wider than the original at my request..

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I was given a lovely hand turned brush handle by my secret santa and finally I got round fitting a silvertip hair.Brush turned up today,the work was carried out by beejay who provided exeptional service and is a pleasure to deal with.Many thanks Beejay

Robert Otten said:
Well I got this gear for $10.00 a couple hours west of Dodgy, who resides in Chi-Town, a loyal Cubs fan he is. Dodgy if you get over near the "Miss-a-sip", nothing in Savannah, just in Thompson (where I got this kit) and Albany where I picked up that red tip for 3 bucks. I won't get back to heaven until Fall. If you have the time you may want to head north to Galena. If I only had the time I would have; I crossed over the river to Iowa on I-80, near LeClaire - nothing in those shops. I'll PM you if I get near your neck of the woods and I'll offer to buy you lunch. The Bonnyman Scuttle over the past year has been used frequently. But that's another topic. All the best, Robert

Hi Robert,

Getting together sounds good. I'm about 15 miles north of Downtown, not far from the lake.

Those small outta the way stores in dinky towns can be rewarding all right. Plus, them thar prices is gonna be pretty darn good. I'm driving out to Boulder in May, and will plan for a little extra time poking around a couple places along the way.

The garage sales and flea markets start here in a couple of months. Those can sometimes turn out ok, and normally people are just happy to sell any shaving crap at all. Heh, I bet they're shocked that someone would want a clunky old razor in the first place, let alone pay $3 for the silly thing.

Nice typing at you Robert,

Martin

Arrived yesterday:
1 Rolls Razor fully functional, and clean
1 Alu handled ball end tech, no plate loss, very few marks
1 Aristocrat Jr. Little plate loss of the central stem between the doors, one door is slightly twisted, about ½ mm in one end. Nothing that affects function.

All for £16 on the Bay.

Now I dont know much about these vintage razors, and I bought them to shave with, but did I do good or normal with the price?

/Max

Just been delivered:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharp-Pract...7309/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299680731&sr=8-1
515FkNEd35L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Yesterday I bought a tube of Erasmic Shaving Cream, a tube of Palmolive Shaving Cream and tube of Original Source Men soothing shave balm.

I also found an unused cappuccino cup in my kitchen so I am now using that as a shaving mug until I find something better.

I've also acquired some knowledge too, watching Mantic on Youtube! ;) I've been practicing too, my lathers are coming on a bundle!

Went to town on a rare trip out today and brought 4 little glass bowls with 3 legs for a whopping £1 the set, thought these would be good for soaps etc, then when I arrived home a nice little package with a Merkur 38c in it :D

Received my DE87 from Max, excellent razor and for once it arrived before I had shaved.

Also have been looking at the Acca Kappa Wenge bowl and soap for a while, it was around £70 when it was on sale in TGS but found it on the bay for half that. This is one big bowl, only 150g of soap but still a huge bowl that as you can see is big enough to house a standard wooden bowl of eanns EF inside it.

AccaKappaWenge01.jpg

AccaKappaWenge02.jpg

AccaKappaWenge04.jpg

AccaKappaWenge05.jpg

And the ingredients,

AccaKappaWenge07.jpg

More packages arrived today

Firstly sample pack from http://www.nannyssillysoap.co.uk included was
Ice & a Slice with goats milk - Smells nice, looking forward to a try for the menthol cooling effect
Citrus Zinger - Neither myself or the wife liked this one, think its the nutmeg
Eucalyptus and Tea Tree - Liked this one, maybe a little more Eucalyptus - May change when acttually being used
Second package was my 39C 'Slanthammer' (thank you for the blades you sent with it :D ), with the razor was Stypic Pencils (maybe im expected to cut myself?) and a BIG selection of different blades including w/sword, shark, Lord Cool,
7oclock Greens, Big Ben, Lord Supermax, derby and Asrta Platinums - going to take some time to get through that lot :shave Thank you
3rd was some more blades - Super max and a pack of Bleue's
4th and 5th were carinsurance renewal and the gas bill :evil:

One more package to arrive and I think that will be my lot.

I had one of these delivered today.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270694334730#ht_901wt_908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _901wt_908</a><!-- m -->

Not meant as an advert just thought if anyone needed one or liked the idea the link is there.

Back
Top Bottom