Acquisitions - week Mar. 7th to Mar. 13th incl.

A 'Baileys' branded mug, more like a bowl with a handle. 99p from Oxfam. First lather and wow, perfect depth, perfect sides, no brush clatter, magic.

And a few travel atomisers from Superdrug, now appropriately filled.

Complete newbie here, but had a hot towel shave at a local barbers the other week and it was much nicer than hacking my face up with a Mach-3. Curiosity has led me to a £45 Amazon spending spree!

* Edwin Jagger Imitation Ivory Double Edge Safety Razor With Pack Of 5 Blades
* Edwin Jagger Handmade Imitation Ebony Shaving Brush ( Best Badger Hair ) With Drip Stand - Small
* Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Shave Soap In Bowl 100g

I bought these before I discovered your forum, but they seem to be pretty solid choices for starting out so I think I've lucked out! I was restricted on what I could have by budget (although I'm not one for buying the cheapest way in then complaining it doesn't meet expected standards) and the fact I wanted to order it all via my Amazon Prime account before it runs out! I would've bought the Taylor of Old Bond Street if they had it, as that's what my barber used.

Also picked up a £3 Boots own brand soap thing which will be useful as I'm going to my parents' for a few weeks and don't really want to take the C&E with me in case it gets damaged in transit.

Spend £5 on a 'BullDog' branded aftershave balm because I'm a sucker for anything with dogs :D I can't find much in the way of reviews, but the ones I've read seemed somewhat positive and it wasn't expensive.

Wish me luck!

I originally pasted the links I posted on my IPB forum, but they didn't parse properly so just used the text info. The link to the razor is here - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003LW0LWQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... os_product</a><!-- m -->

Just the standard Derby blades, but reading around the 87/89 threads it sounds like they're not particularly suited to that razor so will probably grab one of the sampler packs I saw a link to on Connaught Shaving and work my through those.

JayX said:
I originally pasted the links I posted on my IPB forum, but they didn't parse properly so just used the text info. The link to the razor is here - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003LW0LWQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... os_product</a><!-- m -->

Just the standard Derby blades, but reading around the 87/89 threads it sounds like they're not particularly suited to that razor so will probably grab one of the sampler packs I saw a link to on Connaught Shaving and work my through those.

I have a DE89 and i use Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow's which works well and so much better than the Derby's, BBS with no irritation. Derby's are hit and miss with more duffers than sharp ones.

Got approx 280 Derby's i need to shift :?

Today I received my Edwin Jagger Super Badger Shaving Brush, it looks absolutely beautiful, lovely to hold and I cannot wait to use it! Just watching a programme about the Boeing B17 and then it is time to jump in the bath!

pedro083 said:
2 pucks of pre de proverance :mrgreen:

What he had ;) Despite the best efforts of the Royal Mail.....
dsc00752u.jpg

Hmm...... now, which one shall I use first? :roll:

Hiya,

After a slight delay, the vintage Halston soaps finally arrived today. Have't tried it yet, but will whip up a batch later on (for science). Right now the puck has been stuck (using a little boiling water) to the bottom of a 2 cup Anchor Hocking glass bowl, and I need for it to set up a bit so it won't come loose later.

The puck still has some light fragrance to it (nice scent), and it'll be interesting to see how this performs in the morning. Sadly, there's no list of ingredients on the label......I'm guessing these are from the 70s or early 80s era. Here's a pic of a wrapped and unwrapped soap.

Attachments

• Halston.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 33
mattlad said:
Today I received my Edwin Jagger Super Badger Shaving Brush, it looks absolutely beautiful, lovely to hold and I cannot wait to use it!

Ye Gods! It's HUGE!!!

It does not look much bigger than my Men-U bristle brush when they are both dry but when it's full of lather it just seems to grow to monster proportions!

What ever though, I've had my best shave yet tonight. :D

1958 superspeed TV special in case with blades. (cantwait!!)
Nacets and yellows
Palmolive sensitive and Vulfix soap and bowl. (tks IDS)
cheers
Tim.

Back
Top Bottom