Akkerman Ink - group buy - a primer for anyone else planning one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Akkerman Ink - general principle

Just swirled a bottle of Nassausblauw - it does seem to readily turn bubbly/foamy - no more than Parker Quink does though.

As for the "harsh chemical smell" - smells like ink did before they started adding ecobollocks (ie. just like the monster bottle of ink there was in the corner of every classroom at school)

hunnymonster said:
Just swirled a bottle of Nassausblauw - it does seem to readily turn bubbly/foamy - no more than Parker Quink does though.

As for the "harsh chemical smell" - smells like ink did before they started adding ecobollocks (ie. just like the monster bottle of ink there was in the corner of every classroom at school)

Cheers Jason. By my era it was the dreaded ballpoints or, in my case, cheap cartridge FPs. I've only used Waterman Serenity Blue and Montblanc Royal Blue,both of which are nearly odourless.

Did you buy the Violet Chris?

I used it last night but didn't notice any smell. It does froth up but only when shaken.

Boab said:
Did you buy the Violet Chris?

I used it last night but didn't notice any smell. It does froth up but only when shaken.

Yes, I did, Boab. Bubbles are not disappearing at all. It almost appears as though someone put liquid soap in it. I've read that fungal contamination can lead to strange aromas and excessive frothing.

hunnymonster said:
Jesus Chris... Its brand new fresh ink that we had to wait to be bottled. Boab has a bottle from the same lot...

Fungal growth happens after years not minutes man.

In that case, it can't be. I must have missed your post saying that it was freshly-bottled for us, many apologies. I've just never come across ink that has a "head" of bubbles right to the underside of the cap before.:huh:

hunnymonster said:
It wasn't explicitly bottled for us... but we had to wait until Akkerman had it back in stock - in new bottles... ergo the bottling is new.

Cheers - obviously it amounts to the same thing. Must just be my lack of experience with bottled inks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom