Well, that's darn good. My Alumigoose left Maggard in Michigan at 5 p.m. on Wednesday 9th March. I opted for DHL Express International delivery, which was about $4 dearer than USPS. The razor has just been delivered to my door in East Anglia at 3 p.m., today, Friday 11th March. Less than 48 hours end to end, and no "extras" either.
Hats off to Maggard and DHL.
Fantastic. I should get mine in the next batch. But not too worry as I already have a satin Mongoose.

Fantastic. I should get mine in the next batch. But not too worry as I already have a satin Mongoose.
Good for you. It looks a really nice piece, and I'll know how it works tomorrow.
I've got a B2 polished, with a couple of Mongoose handles. On that model, the locating top plate pins don't go all the way through the baseplates, which they do on Alumigoose.
I've been keen to see Mongoose produce an OC head, but it suddenly occurred to me that it will have through-pins, so, if an OC comes out, it'll be a new head complete that I'll need.

Good for you. It looks a really nice piece, and I'll know how it works tomorrow.
I've got a B2 polished, with a couple of Mongoose handles. On that model, the locating top plate pins don't go all the way through the baseplates, which they do on Alumigoose.
I've been keen to see Mongoose produce an OC head, but it suddenly occurred to me that it will have through-pins, so, if an OC comes out, it'll be a new head complete that I'll need.
Hang on to that polished head as Maggard is no longer making them. They have gone through numerous machine shops and are only producing matte finished razors. The Alumigoose is much easier to manufacturer because aluminum is much better to work with then stainless steel. The initial release of the Alumigoose 2 was only 80 razors (40 black 40 gray) and the list exceeded 150 names. My email from Mongoose told me not too worry as I will get one. It's just a waiting game.

Some blades to consider that I have tried and very pleased with them.

Kamisori - bought some from "Try A Blade" extremely sharp but smooth. Compares with the Pro Super in exposure (I think)
Kai Captain - sharper and smoother then the Kai mild
Kai Captain Sharpblade - suppose to be discontinued but still shows on Kai website. Also very sharp and smooth.

Some good blades there.
At the moment, I'm using Feather Pro, Proguard, Captain, Captain Titan Mild, Sharpblade and the Kamisori, which I get from someone in the UK.
The Pro is my current choice, and the only one I feel a bit ambivalent about is the Kamisori. It's good value, sharp and smooth, but seems to dull faster than the others. I usually have to ditch it at 7-11, whilst the others will go on to 15, 16 or more.
I hope the Sharpblade is still available.

Some good blades there.
At the moment, I'm using Feather Pro, Proguard, Captain, Captain Titan Mild, Sharpblade and the Kamisori, which I get from someone in the UK.
The Pro is my current choice, and the only one I feel a bit ambivalent about is the Kamisori. It's good value, sharp and smooth, but seems to dull faster than the others. I usually have to ditch it at 7-11, whilst the others will go on to 15, 16 or more.
I hope the Sharpblade is still available.
I will be starting my fifth shave with the Kamisori and if it holds up to shave 10 will be very happy. Aside from that my favorite is the Kai Captain.

Lurching away from blades for the moment, I received an email from Mongoose today offering a matching black Aluminium handle for the Alumigoose head I bought a couple of months ago. I said 'yes please' and got an invoice for $37 ($25 + Postage). Ten minutes after I paid it, I got a $10 rebate with a nice apology that postage had been overestimated.

You could see this as salesmanship or good customer service but I am very pleased!

Back
Top Bottom