Aquisitions nov 1- nov 30

Regarding the Tosuke kamisori:

Thanks! I believe it is. I'm not tremendously versed in how one might tell, but honing took longer than my other kamisori and there was less swarf, particularly on my finishing stone. Rinsed off under the tap and a little soap massaged in, it cleaned up to gleaming. Yes, I believe it is stainless.
Tosuke made only two stainless models, and can be recognised by stamp on kamisori or box/paper wraping if you received one.
Stamp is blur on picture did you received box or paper wraping with it?

No, just the razor.

IMG_2337.JPG

Last edited:
Alastair's work finally got the better of me so I gave in and crumbled and put in a custom order to the UK Artisan strop maker Alastair of Westholme strops having spoken with Alastair many times I finally pulled the trigger on this beautiful piece of work, premium Horsehide & linen with stainless steel fixtures and red croc handles.

I would buy one or two for that price it's a steal.
Tosuke is one of the best in my opinion.

Super! So, between that one and the rather commonplace Yamamasa that I also have, I have a couple of really good kamisori to enjoy. Thanks for the snippets.

Meanwhile, the YODEL man arrives, bearing gifts ...

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

GEM Micromatic.

Presumably one of the first and labelled "New GEM" on the top of the box, this Micromatic is without the nubs on the baseplate. Perfectly flat and one of the more aggressive earlier ones. Pleased :D

Last night I received 3 somewhat grotty purchases from the bay of E. A Souplex open comb in good condition, a GI & Co "Old Type" clone which has lost most of its plating and an extremely grotty Gillette "New". I've cleaned and disinfected them, but the Gillette will need the attention of the Razor Spa before it goes anywhere near my face. Only the Souplex is worth photographing at present.

£10 on eVil bay saw me the only bidder on a job lot of three poorly described Razors:
W2 1951 black tip steel handle Super Speed which really is in very nice condition - I havent polished this yet but it has been cleaned & sterilised - I may just launch it over my face in the morning...
23471827216_a11a59224e.jpg

Along with two Ever Ready SE razors which Im offering up as a trade over on BST as the SE isnt really my bag.
Very nice find. I'm green with envy! :D

Received my $6 bottle (free shipping) of Barbus from Slovenia.
I like the history behind the product in that it has not changed for 50+ years.
The scent I'm not completely sold on yet...it came across rather medicinal..a strong smell of alcohol maybe - but the skin feel/effect is quite extraordinary and I would be inclined to rate it up there with Floid and Myrsol. A product I'm looking forward to exploring more in the shaves ahead.

141037l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom