Aquisitions nov 1- nov 30

Very nice lot there Dharte - I was looking at a French lot with a L'Essor lather catcher the other night but held fire due to poor pictures. What's the lather catcher on the bottom right you've got?
Is that the razor that has the red lining in the case. It's a Kampfe Bros The Gem razor. I have several others on route to me as we speak.

WJMhYSM.jpg

Didn't find a December acquisition thread so I'm dropping this in here :)

My latest $7-8 brush purchase arrived this week:
2jev7lg.jpg

I was really only after the one on the left as it had a, to me, really interesting handle design with the metal part in the middle:
1j2jxi.jpg

I really should decide on how I want these five restored.....
ictsfr.jpg

Didn't find a December acquisition thread so I'm dropping this in here :)

My latest $7-8 brush purchase arrived this week:

I was really only after the one on the left as it had a, to me, really interesting handle design with the metal part in the middle:

I think Paul's right about that one - looks as though a good clean of the knot would make it usable - although I would have the handle and ferrule restored as well. As for the others, full restoration taking the wood back to original state and re-painting and coating. The boar knots look more natural than badger in these type of brushes - but having said that, there's no need to be too precious about old brushes - they were made in their millions.

£10 on eVil bay saw me the only bidder on a job lot of three poorly described Razors:
W2 1951 black tip steel handle Super Speed which really is in very nice condition - I havent polished this yet but it has been cleaned & sterilised - I may just launch it over my face in the morning...
23471827216_a11a59224e.jpg

Along with two Ever Ready SE razors which Im offering up as a trade over on BST as the SE isnt really my bag.

ictsfr.jpg

Yowie DB, them is some funky brushes,

Nope, none for me. I have no clue what you see in those things, fixed up or not. I mean eeeeks!

However, I happen to know of a certain snake oil salesman who also likes those sorts of brushes and will buy some to restore.

Too funkadelic for my tastes,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom