Attar/عطار

Its very different from oud absolute or even Tom oud wood. It doesn't have that aldehyde/synthetic tone that absolute has. Neither does it have that cool/sport cologne mixed with oud that I find Tom oud has. It is spicier but crisp oud nothing dirty, no miti. Also it is much warmer than the other two, I think this is down to a warm spice rather than just amber.

The shop I mentioned a while back in Birmingham New Street station is till there,
Opulent Perfumes, right at the top of the escalators. I tried a few cards on Tuesday. The one I liked best was Kalemat Premium which still smells amazing, nearly a week later.

Can any of you oudists tell me whether there is an Al Rehab spray or oil that corresponds to this? My chances of getting to New Street in the near future have reduced radically.

The shop I mentioned a while back in Birmingham New Street station is till there,
Opulent Perfumes, right at the top of the escalators. I tried a few cards on Tuesday. The one I liked best was Kalemat Premium which still smells amazing, nearly a week later.

Can any of you oudists tell me whether there is an Al Rehab spray or oil that corresponds to this? My chances of getting to New Street in the near future have reduced radically.

Without having tried your original I couldn't say Uncle Bertie.

Using the M7 again today. It really does have a wonderful and long lasting bouquet. I think what I really enjoy about this oil is that it's not heavily rose or sandalwood based, which come across too 'intense' in several I have tried.

Funnily enough, I've just had a few more frivolous purchases over the last few days ...

New in:

Mukhallat Shams - Deep, sweet blend of Taifi rose, patchouli, musk, sandalwood & oudh
Mukhallat Hindi - Heavy, sweet, smooth Hindi oudh with an Oriental blend of white musk, black musk, saffron, amber & rose
Dehnal Oudh Najm - Indian oudh with a dark, earthy core

Coming ...

Mukhallat Muntaj - Warm luxurious blend of saffron, rose, frankincense, jasmine & oudh
Khaltat Bakhoor - Sweet complex blend with a slightly smoky woody core surrounded by roses & balsams
Majmua (via Fragrance of Arabia) - Indian blend of green vetiver, pandanus, champa, musk, sandalwood & rose

Both the Shams and Hindi mukhallats are really complex; deep, yes, heavy too, both of them, and the oudhs are quite fruity. The DO Najm is a proper strong beast! Really thick, one which will age really well and fits in with a pair of quite highbrow oudhs that I already have - "proper" fruity, those two. I'm hoping the Muntaj will fit with these well. Najm is indeed earthy, soily perhaps?

The Khaltat Bakhoor will be very welcome, I'm sure. Incense in an oil. I have another Bakhoor scent as well as a blended oil called Sheikh, which is heavy on the incense. Khaltat reads as richer than both. I'm also looking forward to another Majmua. Looking at its colour and description, it reads different to the others that I have so here's hoping ...

I've identified a small handful to tip out, which I'll do shortly.

I'm really happy with the various musks I have. Oudh is okay, but I'm not one for pure oudh, thankfully ... as it can get very expensive. I do like incense, smoke, balsams and resins; my oudh box has dwindled and been taken over by other woody and smokey attars. So, mucky musks and smokey woods. Most of my smell-alikes have gone as they're, well, just a bit meh compared to the better oils.

Presently building a really fly collection of mukhallats ...

What's going on with the rest of you?

Back
Top Bottom