Attar/عطار

Reeha Oud Factory Dehnal Oudh Maliki arrived today. Maliki is "Royal" and this is a seriously good one! Super-thick and fantastic scent ... read on :D

It is billed as "Super-longlasting smooth silky Cambodian oudh with a light animalic core" ... which Mrs immediately asked if I'd been through horse muck! Now, I'm a connoisseur of animalic scents and I really like it ... but horse muck? Dang! That girl needs to get her nose fixed.

Read into that what you do ...

I have a bottle of vintage Balenciaga Portos, which is a phenomenally strong animalic scent. It reminds me so much of my cat Porthos - catty with a whiff of ... erm ... poo? I think this Oudh is along similar lines. Love it! :eek:

Fragrance of Arabia Majmua arrived today: an Indian blend of green vetiver, pandanus, champa, musk, sandalwood & rose. It's lighter in colour than all my other majmuas

Reeha Oud Factory Dehnal Oudh Maliki arrived today.

It is billed as "Super-longlasting smooth silky Cambodian oudh with a light animalic core" ... which Mrs immediately asked if I'd been through horse muck!
I have a bottle of vintage Balenciaga Portos, which is a phenomenally strong animalic scent. It reminds me so much of my cat Porthos - catty with a whiff of ... erm ... poo? I think this Oudh is along similar lines. Love it! :eek:

!

Hey buddy,

This is you talking inna rational sorta way about stuff I have no clue about. Gives me the spins if I try and follow along for any length of time.

All those odd or inviting words describing the scents. Once again Paul, may I compliment you on that purty mouth of yours.

Hah, it's all Yub Nub to me. That's what my mind drifts to while reading your posts on attars and such...the Ewoks victory song.

Martin

Went wedding shopping last weekend. Forgot how many Indian shops stock perfume oils. In one dark corner a tray sat with around 500 bottles of perfume oils. Everything from Majmua to Kewra based oils, oudh and ozone.

Currently enjoying a mix of Jannat and M7 oudh. The black musk tickles me, I do get cats piss, mixed with a strange saliva/jasmine tone but these are blended into musk and aniseed cloud? God this is a confusing scent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just bought this from the pound shop and am very impressed. Not only did it make my staff gasp and choke but I absolutely love it!
Your looking at Oud, pepper, rose, sandalwood, benzoic and a light fecal note. Been on my wrists for an hour now, the pepper and sandalwood being the more dominant notes, at the beginning it is oud and pepper. For £2.99 its quite the bargain.

' Light Fecal Tone ' you chortle ! No blooming wonder it's named ' Rehab ' - That's where you should be going you rascally Nishter you ! Makes the Veg seem almost fit for a ladie's boudoir.

JohnnyO. o/

' Light Fecal Tone ' you chortle ! No blooming wonder it's named ' Rehab ' - That's where you should be going you rascally Nishter you ! Makes the Veg seem almost fit for a ladie's boudoir.

JohnnyO. o/
Haha oh Johny you know it's that fecal tone that brings all the girls to the yard. They come to clean and wash me, luckily I don't crap in the bath ;)

Hiya doin Johnny,

You can achieve somewhat similar results by lightly stepping inna small pile of dog crap and walking around like that. Not too big a pile....don't wanna over do things.

Merky
Can Amazon deliver it? I heard another alternative is to shake Trump's hand? ;) joke its a joke!

Dog crap? No! I won't have that ... this is better than lowly dog crap! It's wild, it's woodland! It's deer crap at least.

Mrs recoiled the other day ... "HORSE POO!", she exclaimed! That was Puig Quorum. Gawd help her when I unleash the Dehnal Oudh Najm or my new Dehnal Oud Maliki! Ooof! That's a stinker! Almost over there in Balenciaga Portos territory!

Good to see attars making the high street, Nishy. Downtown Bradford has a myriad of Bismillah stores selling all manner of oils, but that's to be expected. Pound shop? Now that's Bradford, but I doubt Bradford's pound shops will stock it.

I was quite shocked to see it to be honest. Usually browse the 'shave shelves' and was delighted to see them. They had one called Superman all by Al Rehab. It had cloves, oud, rose and cinnamon quite nice. Definitely less silage than with the oils. Really crisp interchanges in the bouquet though. After 7 hours its now a good quality sandalwood and peppery spice, quite faint now though. The posterior note has gone :)

When I walked back into work after early application I got a resounding no.

Back
Top Bottom