Attar/عطار

I whittled my small collection down to the Majmua which is still a delight. But now I think I have been inspired to start exploring again ... Hoorah!!

Remind me ... did you try a Darbar? The one from Paradise Perfumes & Gems is a really good one. Nemat's is good, otherwise. Also, have you tried Majmua Special from the Shahi range with Nemat?

Another which I think is just sublime is Haramain's Mukhallat Malaki.

What's happened? This was one of the most informative and entertaining threads?

Hi there,

Well, plenty of members had a bad delayed reaction to the various lotions and potions being touted. It wasn't that serious, but seven people did croak. Maybe it was eight.

All those many threads and posts were erased as part of the OLD/NEW/OLD forum rebirth incident, so no more info there.

Yep, Paul is just waiting for a new buncha guys to befriend.......

Remind me ... did you try a Darbar? The one from Paradise Perfumes & Gems is a really good one. Nemat's is good, otherwise. Also, have you tried Majmua Special from the Shahi range with Nemat?

Another which I think is just sublime is Haramain's Mukhallat Malaki.

I think I have only had the Nemat (due to my reluctance to start a new hobby/obsession), but I will have a look the Darbar. I will maybe try the Mukhallat Malaki - you have gone and used the word sublime, which is unfortunately one of my Pavlovian triggers. :confused:

Chris.

Hi there,

Well, plenty of members had a bad delayed reaction to the various lotions and potions being touted. It wasn't that serious, but seven people did croak. Maybe it was eight.

All those many threads and posts were erased as part of the OLD/NEW/OLD forum rebirth incident, so no more info there.

Yep, Paul is just waiting for a new buncha guys to befriend.......

You know Martin, I was wondering why some of my skin was tending to peel. I first put it down to all the UV we get here in Britain but now the penny has dropped!

Had the PPG Darbar out at the weekend ......... It's one I've been banging my head against a wall with for a while. I love it ..... but still couldn't place the essence of it, even though it was tugging mightily at my memory.

Then...... as is typical of such things ...... I gave it to my ten year old daughter, who instantly proclaims: It's Turkish Delight, Dad! ...... and my little Tinkerbell was only right: It's that lovely little slab of Cadbury's Turkish Delight that I'd buy a couple of when I was younger; I'd take them around to my old Nan's, make her a cup of tea, and we'd sit there enjoying our treats.

I daresay it may be something else to other people, but for me, it's Turkish Delight.

Yes ....... Get the PPG Darbar ....... Bloody gorgeous.

Enjoying Haramain's Orient today: dry patchouli cocooned in sweet amber & sandalwood; an evocation of sand dunes and spices and the finest silk of the yesteryear. Later, I'll enjoy a shave with Wickham's Sandalwood. I think a splash of Pash' for aftershave.

Fragrance of Arabia Majmua arrived today: an Indian blend of green vetiver, pandanus, champa, musk, sandalwood & rose. It's lighter in colour than all my other majmuas and really bright, green and spritzy on the nose. Lovely!

Back
Top Bottom