Best knife to carry on your keyring

On water pistols .... In the Maryhill area of Glasgow back in the 60s when I worked there in the time of ' group disorders ' ( the then Chief Constable threatened disciplinary charges against any cop describing them as gang fights ) water pistols containing ammonia were known to be carried and used on occasion. Pull one of those out in a cafe in that area at that time & you'd be as likely to be wearing your chips ( and the boiling fat they were frying in ) as to be eating them.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

Fergiebilly said:
DevonStan said:
The women in the Café is a bitch and a number of people have ended up in court due to her complaints........Including me !:icon_razz:

Billy

What did you do.....SHOOT HER??

Incidentally, how did you get that little thingy over the top of the "e" in Cafe" ? Can't see one on my keyboard.

Naw ! :mad:

I broke her jaw with one of those old porcelain type ash trays that used to be in pubs and cafe's ........ In self defence of course ! :s

She attacked me with a full bottle of Johnny Walkers and almost knocked me unconscious .........Silly women ! :icon_razz:

Billy
[/quote]

Neither have I got one of those ! The spell corrector put it there !

DevonStan said:
And you only went in there for a bacon roll and a cup of tea......

Long story !

Maybe a Higo No Kami knife?
It folds and there is no locking mechanism. It's fully hand made, can only be made by one person in the world if sold under that name and has an amazing history. That and it looks really neat :) It's about USD 20.

tumblr_m0561zw3vZ1qbqgxwo1_r1_1280.jpg

sword-parts-other-higo-no-kami-pocket-knife-1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The only real way your going to get anywhere near being charged with any sort of offensive is if your being a kno! Going around your everyday business with a small legal carry who's even going to know you have it in your pocket? Threatening some one or just being silly waving it around and you deserve to be charged.

That looks one gorgeous piece of metal DBulb, does it come with that extension on the tang for easy one handed opening or is it a " Flick - It " type retro fit ?

JohnnyO said:
That looks one gorgeous piece of metal DBulb, does it come with that extension on the tang for easy one handed opening or is it a " Flick - It " type retro fit ?

The way they work is that there is a 'thumb-plate' where you place your thumb to keep the knife open. This knife has quite some history in Japan and was commonly used by school children to sharpen their pens, etc :) That thumb-grip is there for all original Higo No Kamis.

Super sharp and apparently takes an edge really well. Every blade is a bit different as they are all hand made. They are even selling on Amazon now and I've been thinking about picking one up as the maker is getting old and once he is gone the Higo No Kami line of knives will go away. For about 20 dollars it would be worth it to own a piece of history.

(Note: Be sure not to buy the 'copy' that sports a samurai on the handle) :)

The knife comes in 2-3 different sizes. Here's some videos:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rszIvOFZ1nE[/video]

Here is a video of the maker and how the knives are being made:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXNQaT5mA0[/video]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Higo-Kami-Warikomi-Nagaokoma-Import/dp/B00G9W9FGI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426006561&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=HIGONOKAMI+small

similar to darkbulbs knife, truly looks a masterpiece.

I have a "Swiss+Tech Utili-Key 6-in-1 Key Ring Multi-Function Tool" on my keyring. It's the size of a key and the most dangerous thing it does is potentially cut your hand when trying to open a bottle top. Used it only a couple of times - thing is it's so small I forget I've got it when the need to use it arises.

As said above the Leatherman Juice is both none locking and a perfectly reasonable multitool for most tasks - it's all I bothered to carry (with a bit set) for PC repairs (except for a mini-crowbar) for years. I usually have a Micra if I'm not carrying the Juice.

I always carry a little folder as well though usually a Spyderco Pingo occasionally something chunkier if I'm out of town like a Boker Plus XS.

On the legality front anything you say you carry to defend yourself becomes an Offensive Weapon. Doing you for a keychain knife either means you were acting like a twat or that they were really looking for something to do you for. For youths etc if they charge you with carrying an offensive weapon and then drop it because hey it was only a one inch key chain knife, it still gets flagged up when they put your name through the computer. They will then search you carefully and so on, I have seen it used like that for a couple of my troublesome friends!

Dave-the-rave said:
Spyderco Bug, Honey Bee and Grasshopper.

th

They're cheap, well made and sharp.

+1 for Spydie keyring knives. I was very kindly gifted a bug and its a wee cracker.

Back
Top Bottom