brogues

Rocket Man said:
Another vote for Loake brogues from me. They are extremely comfortable, well made and look the business!

I'm in total agreement loakes get my vote aswell, I have 3 near new pairs in various colours and an ancient black pair that are as comfortable as slippers which I wear to and from work

This DE shaving lark is getting expensive, enabling on shoes now :)

Just ordered a pair of Loake Boots:-

george_dk.JPG

Good choice, I'm trying to decide between those and the chukka's.

How easy is it to get the Dainite sole replaced?
Do they have to go back to Loake?
How much do they charge?

MrK1 said:
Good choice, I'm trying to decide between those and the chukka's.

How easy is it to get the Dainite sole replaced?
Do they have to go back to Loake?
How much do they charge?

Says Loake do it for £65 - http://www.loake.co.uk/repairs/

I treated myself to a pair of Barker brogues during my first visit to Stratford many years ago. Saw Hamlet at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Only ever wore them to New Year's eve events. Memories!

[attachment=8438]
I purchased a pair of these just after Xmas from the the indoor market at Oxford, the shop was closing down
£100!! Bargain
Bugger to get off though, especially when half cut

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377986311007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377986311007.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 71
I just found out that Loake have opened a retail store in Princess Arcade (off Piccadilly) in London. Am going to have to go take a look because I dread ordering shoes online due to fluctuation in size from one brand to another.

isaiah53 said:
just thanking everyone for their advice on this thread, ive ended up ordering some loake royal brogues in burgundy. nearly went for the loake chesters, but love the oxblood colour of the royals.

Good choice! Those are really handsome and should keep your feet nice and dry during wet seasons.

Yep, cheers chaps! after reading this thread I went and bought some brogues......... from Clarks........in the sale.........with my £20 of coupons.......I'll get my coat.......

I got interested in Loake brand after reading all these and sent them an email last Thursday regarding size / fitting of their shoes.

No one has bothered getting back to me until now, which I find a bit disturbing. I would expect a better service from brands like these towards potential customers, but will give them a couple more days before i jump to conclusions.

I really like their brogues though !

It is probably better to speak to one of the sellers rather than the factory direct. You can instant chat with the guys on the Herring site for instance.

undertherazor said:
I got interested in Loake brand after reading all these and sent them an email last Thursday regarding size / fitting of their shoes.

No one has bothered getting back to me until now, which I find a bit disturbing. I would expect a better service from brands like these towards potential customers, but will give them a couple more days before i jump to conclusions.

I really like their brogues though !

Loakes sizing info

I'm not just poor, I'm H.

Back
Top Bottom