brogues

pugh-the-special-one said:
I have several pairs of brogues with leather soles, but for purely practical reasons during the winter i prefer my Dr Marten brogues.

Brogues have never come onto my radar but these are lovely.

Looked at the DM website, what have i been missing out on for so long.

Very nice DMs.

My Loake Badmintons and Chesters in action:

1256683d1382264191-shoes-wearingbadminton.jpg

1256684d1382264208-shoes-wearingchester.jpg

undertherazor said:
I got interested in Loake brand after reading all these and sent them an email last Thursday regarding size / fitting of their shoes.

No one has bothered getting back to me until now, which I find a bit disturbing. I would expect a better service from brands like these towards potential customers, but will give them a couple more days before i jump to conclusions.

I really like their brogues though !

OrangeSport said:
Very nice DMs.

1256683d1382264191-shoes-wearingbadminton.jpg

the chesters look fantastic, lovely shoe.

OrangeSport said:
Very nice DMs.

Hard to beat a pair of Chesters - nice! You may want to consider getting a pair blue shoe laces. They go well if like me, you often wear them with jeans....

Blue shoe laces...

Without a photo, it didn't happen! I have around a dozen pairs of 'brown' shoes which I often wear with jeans. They all have blue shoe laces of varying widths - suppose it's the equivalent of trying different razor blades! These laces are the thickest I have, but I quite like the chunky look...

bluelaceloake.jpg

Grensons all the way for mine ... exceptional quality shoes, especially like the new updated Grenson Archie

i would insert a pic but don't know how!!

The Clarks dress brogues. Very chuffed, shoes that fit! I should have grabbed a snap of the soles as they are stitched leather with a 'rubber' insert at the heel and and the middle of the sole, which works very well.

5d4ae2b1-84df-4c4a-b58f-82a0dcb3c20e_zps55b6b6db.jpg

e50b4460-e319-4dd2-898b-86d4100b823e_zpsf8415f34.jpg

OrangeSport said:
Mine have turned up. very nice boots with an "aged" leather look:

Best of luck with them... There's nothing more satisfying than polishing a good quality pair of shoes - proper wax (non of your silicon rubbish!), brushes, old dusters, bit of bulling - like the ritual of a a good shave!

I bought the same pair in black last week. A really comfortable boot. It was a choice between those and the Chukka type.

Only downside is now I 'need' the chukkas as well.

Can anyone recommend some decent polish for them?

Back
Top Bottom