brogues

I ve read this before emailing them, but my concern was that although the majority of my shoes is 8, i also own shoes 7 1/2 as well as 7 (!!! -just geox but again...)

Count of Undolpho said:
undertherazor said:
I got interested in Loake brand after reading all these and sent them an email last Thursday regarding size / fitting of their shoes.

No one has bothered getting back to me until now, which I find a bit disturbing. I would expect a better service from brands like these towards potential customers, but will give them a couple more days before i jump to conclusions.

I really like their brogues though !

Loakes sizing info

I'm not just poor, I'm H.

undertherazor said:
I got interested in Loake brand after reading all these and sent them an email last Thursday regarding size / fitting of their shoes.

No one has bothered getting back to me until now, which I find a bit disturbing. I would expect a better service from brands like these towards potential customers, but will give them a couple more days before i jump to conclusions.

I really like their brogues though !

Loakes sizing info

I'm not just poor, I'm H.

I seem to be doing lots of double posts recently I wonder why?
I think your problem with the Loakes will be working out which last suits your foot and the only way to really find that out is to try on shoes based on each last. Or to ask on here for measurements from members who own them to give you a rough idea.
I got my first pair of Ghillie Brogues by post, I drew round my foot and sent the sheet off to Scotland. They sent back a pair of size elevens and I usually take an eight G/H depending on fit and the ability of the shoe to stretch.

Surprised to hear Loake being slow to respond to an email. My experience of their customer service is excellent.

If they are taking some time I would assume it is to ensure they give a correct and detailed response instead of some generic cut and paste cobblers.

i found their customer service to be excellent, i ordered my shoes and got next day delivery. i also e-mailed them about shoe care and they sent me free of charge some shoe cream and shoe polish, i cant speak highly enough of them.

philamac said:
Surprised to hear Loake being slow to respond to an email. My experience of their customer service is excellent.

If they are taking some time I would assume it is to ensure they give a correct and detailed response instead of some generic cut and paste cobblers.

I have found Loake very efficient and timely with responses to emailed queries.

BTW, am certainly loving my Loake 102B brogues:

Underscore said:
I've also had a pair of Loake Badminton brogues - with Dainite sole - for 18 months or so:

images

I feel that they have all the positives of a leather sole (predominantly that, being welted construction, they can easily be repaired) without the downside of not being ideal when walking in wet weather.

I am just waiting for a pair of these to be delivered.

Turned up today. Beautifully finished and very comfy. The G fitting is nice and roomy.

If you want a pair of well priced and comfy brogues, these from M&S might fit the bill. Very light, very comfy but the soles on these don't last up to heavy wear well as they can split. They are fine if you just need them for occasional wear, rather than for regular work shoes though.

Bought a £25 pair from asda! Brown Brogues, good enough for work, seem well constructed and solid but time will tell.

Can see the sense in investing in a pair like Loakes that you can trust in the quality of the make and longevity. It probably works out excellent value in the long term in terms of number of shoes bought. However I find it difficult to outlay that amount of money in one sitting when theres so many other temptations out there!!!!!

If i were a rich man!

These are my pair of Loakes brogues - I also own a pair of Grensons, and Crokett & Jones, but the Loakes are my 'go to' shoe! Very comfortable, but made even more so by a pair of "Poron" insoles. (Well worth the £10 or so cost)

Loakeshoes.jpg

StephenShave said:
These are my pair of Loakes brogues - I also own a pair of Grensons, and Crokett & Jones, but the Loakes are my 'go to' shoe! Very comfortable, but made even more so by a pair of "Poron" insoles. (Well worth the £10 or so cost)

Loakeshoes.jpg

Are those Chesters? Tried on a pair yesterday. Very nice!

OrangeSport said:
Are those Chesters? Tried on a pair yesterday. Very nice!

Thank you. From memory, I think they are called rather clinically, '641's... But all Loakes are rather special! Isn't it odd that folk interested in the finer things in life, like shaving properly, also appreciate the quality involved in a decent pair of shoes?

Hi,
I have just joined the shaving room and this is my first posting.

If you guys want brogues, boots of any kind, we must come to Oxford and visit
Duckers in Turl Street, also if you need repairs.

I've no connection to the shop, other than being a very happy customer thats had nothing but excellent service.

Steve

unclebuzz said:
Hi,
I have just joined the shaving room and this is my first posting.

If you guys want brogues, boots of any kind, we must come to Oxford and visit
Duckers in Turl Street, also if you need repairs.

I've no connection to the shop, other than being a very happy customer thats had nothing but excellent service.

Steve

Their web site gives no indication of cost, so that means it's right out of my price range!! LOL

Every town up & down the country will have it's own niche shoe seller of quality. I'm sure if you live in driving radius of Oxford, they're a good choice, but maybe out of the way for most of us who live all over the country. It's like your local Chinese, everyone's is the best!

Oh, & welcome to the forum...

Back
Top Bottom