Child free coffee shops?

Re: RE: Child free coffee shops?

Northam Saint said:
spot on

I'm on my own with kids this weekend but fancied a pint so I took the kids with me 4 and 6. It's a child friendly pub

I put them on a table with an ipad and some books I bought

a mate brought his two same age and classes in school and the 4 of them were good

It's all about upbringing and discipline, often you just see parents who let their kids scream and do what they want

Still can't get used to kids in pubs and I'm half English! AFAIK there's no such thing as a child friendly pub here in Northern Ireland - they just aren't allowed in full stop.

RE Henry Ford he is often said to have had Aspergers as well, though as the two often coexist in the same individual (and AS is often misdiagnosed as dyslexia, ADHD, or one of a number of other things) its no surprise there is claim and counter claim! If only he was alive then he could (perhaps) accurately be diagnosed rather than people looking back and diagnosing based on certain reported traits. No doubt in 10 years time someone will come up with something else that we all have. BTW I'm not criticising here, just making the point that all these famous people from history were never actually diagnosed with anything when they where alive.

To get back on topic I think the only answer is for people to vote with their feet. There are certain coffee shops I avoid totally as I know its never going to be a pleasant experience (certain branches of Starbucks with blaring music is another example - who wants to listen to heavy metal while drinking coffee???). In my experience each outlet attracts a particular clientele at each time of day (and the quality of coffee seems to be lower in many of the busier and noisier paces anyway) so simply look before you go in and avoid (or get yourself a grinder and a decent machine and make better coffee at home).

Back
Top Bottom