Chinese futur clone

Mine arrived today. Looks great for the money. However the head is very wobbly and puts very little tension on the blade. It will probably go in the bin unless I can see a way of 'fixing' it. I gather the original Futur can also suffer with this so maybe it's normal.

It's a Ming Shi 2000S from AliExpress. They're all the same regardless of seller I think. Btw, these things come apart exactly like the Futur so I'll see if putting more tension on the spring will help.

It's a Ming Shi 2000S from AliExpress. They're all the same regardless of seller I think. Btw, these things come apart exactly like the Futur so I'll see if putting more tension on the spring will help.

OK.
No doubt, I'm sure that if you dismantle it you'll find a way to fix it.
I read somewhere (maybe B&B) that Qshave ones are Ming Shi's but with better quality control.

So the spring doesn't do anything for the issue I have. I needed to bend the two parallel rods inwards to create a tighter fit with the top cap. Much better. The head isn't too wobbly now. Still not enough tension on the blade though for my liking. Will give it a shave tomorrow.

This is the first negative assessment I've seen of the razor - might it be worthwhile getting in touch with the supplier and saying you have a defective item? I'm aware that people have had additional goods sent out as a good will gesture. Obviously that doesn't truly fix your razor, but it might help alleviate the pain? :p

No harm in trying I guess. Will see what happens!

This is the first negative assessment I've seen of the razor - might it be worthwhile getting in touch with the supplier and saying you have a defective item? I'm aware that people have had additional goods sent out as a good will gesture. Obviously that doesn't truly fix your razor, but it might help alleviate the pain? :p

Probably! After reading around, one of the features of the Futur is weaker blade tension compared to other DEs. You can tell this by carefully pushing the blade against your nail. The top cap puts very little curveture on the blade, so less tension. Interesting design compared to the Progress. Mine fits together much better since putting a little bend in the two pins and increasing the spring tension. People have had to do this on the real Futur.

I love taking things apart and seeing how they work. When I was a kid I got a handheld space invaders game and by Boxing Day I had taken it apart with a screwdriver. I was expecting to find things moving about inside not lots off weird electric stuff.

They will probably send you another one!:D

Same as you. I've had some things from that side of the world come in a week and others take up to a month, so while I wasn't expecting it yet I was just wondering what others had experienced.

I've had mine for a while now, and it took about 2 weeks to come from China. It was just over $7 delivered which seemed to be a really great buy!

I get the impression there is variability regarding quality control with the clones partly dependent on which seller the razor has been purchased from.

Mine has no problem with blade alignment or with the seated angle of the blade as in the video above.

Back
Top Bottom