Chinese futur clone

Indeed, all the buzz around the current Futur clones is about the Ming Shi's (including the ones made for Qshave). However, according to the feedbacks, the construction/finish quality seems to have increased whereas the price has decreased.

I should stop following all these threads about the Futur clone, it's just teasing me more and more :confused:, I would be so disappointed if mine arrived with flaws (even if it costs next to nothing, it's the expectation).

Indeed, all the buzz around the current Futur clones is about the Ming Shi's (including the ones made for Qshave). However, according to the feedbacks, the construction/finish quality seems to have increased whereas the price has decreased.

I should stop following all these threads about the Futur clone, it's just teasing me more and more :confused:, I would be so disappointed if mine arrived with flaws (even if it costs next to nothing, it's the expectation).
Don't believe in anything you hear, and only half of what you see..so the saying goes, i also pushed the boat out, and ordered a Qshave two infact,from Ebay but only got charged for one!..it'll be intresting to see how it's quality is,if and when it arrives..people expect too much, for too little these days..we shall see.Regards.

Last edited:
Don't believe in anything you hear, and only half of what you see..so the saying goes, i also pushed the boat out, and ordered a Qshave two infact,from Ebay but only got charged for one!..it'll be intresting to see how it quality is,if and when it arrives..people expect too much, for too little these days..we shall see.Regards.
I have to be honest, I went in completely blind - basically having never shaved with a DE before. I was thoroughly impressed by the heft of it, as well as it's ability to shave. As more people have voiced their concerns (usually after buying it, I might add :D) I've checked these concerns vs mine received razor (e.g. slack blades/fitments as above) and I've not seen it, personally. Obviously, each razor brings the potential to have fault but for £4.86 delivered with tracking from China, I cannot fault it. For a similar price I bought a plastic Wilkinson Sword DE which, although shaving well, it's nearly as solid as the Futur Clone. I could happily get decent shaves with it herein. My only quibble is that I can't see where I'm shaving (as in precisely, rather than generally), as I can with SR's which I'm accustomed to. The more I use it, the less of an issue I'll find this, and to be frank it's not particularly an issue currently.

I've bought the 'Malaysian' variant since for a frighteningly cheap sum of money and will be happy to compare one to the other if/when it arrives. I don't see there being a huge amount of difference to be fair as the branding is identical.

I also did buy the Qshave for science...:D
Who didn't?! :D DE Clone clinical trials: commenced. :D

I've bought the 'Malaysian' variant since for a frighteningly cheap sum of money and will be happy to compare one to the other if/when it arrives. I don't see there being a huge amount of difference to be fair as the branding is identical.

After some readings here and there, my understanding is that they are all Ming Shi razors. The ones sold and pictured in Ebay ads (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore) for about a third of the price of the alixpress-Qshave ones, seem to be from Qshave (manufactured by Ming Shi), based on the (borrowed/stolen?) photos ; that's what motivated my purchase actually. Besides, the explanation justifying the so low price would be that they are likely sold at that price in these countries, which does make sense.

After some readings here and there, my understanding is that they are all Ming Shi razors. The ones sold and pictured in Ebay ads (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore) for about a third of the price of the alixpress-Qshave ones, seem to be from Qshave (manufactured by Ming Shi), based on the (borrowed/stolen?) photos ; that's what motivated my purchase actually. Besides, the explanation justifying the so low price would be that they are likely sold at that price in these countries, which does make sense.
We shall see. My China QShave is perfect, my worry would be the $2 versions might have been flawed. Maybe just stolen. Anxious to find out. You wouldn't have to retail this razor for $2 in Singapore, it's a wealthy place last i was there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've seen a few posts on B&B saying the blade exposure is uneven i.e. one side is milder than the other. Anyone else noticed this?

Futur clone Ming Shi 2000S
Well there has to be some looseness in order for the blade to easily slip onto the post. On my unit the potential difference in exposure between one side and another is not enough for me to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Greetings

I can't believe that I actually ordered one and it is in reality the last thing I need or really even want. I simply read your posts looked at the ludicrous price and clicked on the buy it now button! Sheep instinct and a sucker for a bargain is all I can put it down to, I have little doubt I will end up giving it away.

As it's confession time; I also purchased ten different Chinese fountain pens last year for the same reason ie they cost tuppence ha'penny, eight of them write absolutely wonderfully!:D

Regards
Dick.

Greetings

I can't believe that I actually ordered one and it is in reality the last thing I need or really even want. I simply read your posts looked at the ludicrous price and clicked on the buy it now button! Sheep instinct and a sucker for a bargain is all I can put it down to, I have little doubt I will end up giving it away.

As it's confession time; I also purchased ten different Chinese fountain pens last year for the same reason ie they cost tuppence ha'penny, eight of them write absolutely wonderfully!:D

Regards
Dick.

Ditto. I love my Futur, but have just ordered one to test against my razor of choice

Well Well!

I only asked a simple question and here we are 7 pages later!

I ordered two from Aliexpress a few days after I started this thread and saw the positive responses. They arrived today much faster than they said they would.

1st impressions are good, very good. I'll test one tomorrow- the other will be a gift if the test is ok!

I'll let you known my findings!
Tony

Don't believe in anything you hear, and only half of what you see..so the saying goes, i also pushed the boat out, and ordered a Qshave two infact,from Ebay but only got charged for one!..it'll be intresting to see how it's quality is,if and when it arrives..people expect too much, for too little these days..we shall see.Regards.
And now the Bogof specials started [emoji106]

I am still holding the tide as i am saving for a stick of Arko. I do have the black one from NT (Darth Vader's owns razor and still available on Aliexpress for £15) purchased last year, nice razors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom