Chinese futur clone

Pakistan

cfb20921b42c401043c822799e53f135.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I tried my Chinese Futur clone this morning, I even used one of the blades that came with it- stepping into the unknown- risky?

Not a bit! I actually preferred it to the original (which I sold on a couple of years ago- couldn't get on with it) I felt it was a bit lighter and slightly smaller- in feel, I haven't got the scales or micrometer out, but only by a small amount. To me it made a difference.

I've always found the original, for me, to be big and ponderous. The chinese copy felt easier and lively in use. Perhaps it's been subtly revised to suit Asian rather than Northern European men?

It gave me an easy BBS two pass shave and I have to say the blade was smooth.

For under £5 delivered don't hesitate- buy one!

I tried my Chinese Futur clone this morning, I even used one of the blades that came with it- stepping into the unknown- risky?

Not a bit! I actually preferred it to the original (which I sold on a couple of years ago- couldn't get on with it) I felt it was a bit lighter and slightly smaller- in feel, I haven't got the scales or micrometer out, but only by a small amount. To me it made a difference.

I've always found the original, for me, to be big and ponderous. The chinese copy felt easier and lively in use. Perhaps it's been subtly revised to suit Asian rather than Northern European men?

It gave me an easy BBS two pass shave and I have to say the blade was smooth.

For under £5 delivered don't hesitate- buy one!
The clone is 30 something grams lighter which is fine by me as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Used mine today for the first time. Shaved beautifully. Very, very smooth. I was surprised because as we all know the Futur holds the blade with very little tension so the blade flexes quite alarmingly. Many have attributed this part of the design to poor shaves with the Futur. I think it actually made the shave smoother than any other DE I've used.

I've ordered another!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what he's faffing about at in that second video (not watched all of the first one but looks like the same issue). All he needs to do is unscrew the razor to see what's happening with the spring. Something not quite right with the tension. The Futur and the clone are very particular about spring tension. I've noticed with mine that if the spring is rotated just 90 degrees from its 'perfect' position it is enough to cause one side to rise more than the other side. I noticed this when I first took it apart and put it back together. The end of the spring has to sit completely flush with the bottom plate or else you get uneven tension. This causes the wonky alignment so many see on both the Merkur and the clone.

Edit: Possible fix?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom