Claymore

I had a 3 pass shave this morning with a Pro Super too , I may be wrong but I think Brian said somewhere that the razor was not designed for the Pro Super's , I had to break the blade to remove it , the shave was outstanding , Brian @Executive Shaving if you read this am I right and what about future model's being able to accept the Super's too ?(although in hindsight it is not so much a problem of the razor accepting the blade as removing it)
I just tested my Claymore by easily removing the used Feather Pro Super without a problem. The blade was falling out by itself. Trying to remove a used blade from my ATT SE1 is very difficult.

I have been dealing with Executive Shaving for just under a year when I bought my first DE Razor, a Muhle R89 and then purchased the R41. The advice, friendliness of the staff is second to none and I believe they have the niche in the market of mens grooming. I got the email about the new release of the The Claymore, watched the video and decided to visit HQ as I had some business in the local area. I was advised there may not be any stock due to popular demand, but that was quickly alleviated. Brian took it out the box, checked it with a razor to ensure it was within the tolerances and handed it over. First up is the weight. It is solid, and heavy in the hand, not overly weighted or top heavy.

In comparison to the Muhle R89/R41 my fist shave with the Claymore was just ‘Wow'. Claymore is a Scottish term for Broadsword, and you can't help but notice the broad sweeps of this razor across your face as it glides effortlessly. There is no need to apply pressure as the perfect balance of weight ratio will carry this across your growth with no problems at all. The finish is sublime, and lends itself to a non slip grip when your hands a wet whilst shaving. The recommendation is 2 passes, and if need a touch up. 2 passes and a touch up did for me, to say I was impressed is an understatement. The injector blades are a perfect match, although I wonder what the difference would be and how my face would react to the Super ones. A great razor, at a competitive price (£74.50GBP) matched with the Injector Professional blades and Executive Shaving's own Natural Shaving Cream all compliment this Razor. Only problem I have is, I need to wait for 2 days to use it again.

Well done to Executive Shaving who's labor of love has produced an absolute stormer of a razor!

Being a complete masochist, and feeling experimental, I thought this morning that I'd shave half with my Alumigoose, and half with the Claymore. Both have Kamisori blades, one with 3 uses and the other with 5. The soap was OSP Bay Rum.

The Claymore shave was definitely the smoothest and best, with no sting by the alum block test. The Alumigoose was not.

I'll be DE-ing for the next few days, but will have another go with the Claymore after that.

After two days worth of shaves using a used Feather Pro Super I will give Brian an A+++ for developing an outstanding shaver. This is one heavy raw piece of metal that delivers the goods at a very reasonable price. Comparing it to my ATT SE1 which is a good razor this one is superior. I just love the feel and looks of it. It is just that simple. The bead blast finish is spot on and the grip is outstanding. You just feel very confident when using this razor. I want to thank Brian to bringing this razor to market.

Was also trying to decide between the Claymore and ATT SE1 head only option. Then Brian got in his batch and lowered the original price and so now with some reviews in and your comparison, things have tipped way over to the Claymore side. I am just waiting for the release of the Asylum RX before deciding, but that price point is still sticking me. Right now, the RX would end up close to $100 more than a Claymore including shipping. It would be like my comparison between the Ikon X3 and Razorock Wunderbar where the Wunderbar was definitely the superior razor, but twice the price superior?

Was also trying to decide between the Claymore and ATT SE1 head only option. Then Brian got in his batch and lowered the original price and so now with some reviews in and your comparison, things have tipped way over to the Claymore side. I am just waiting for the release of the Asylum RX before deciding, but that price point is still sticking me. Right now, the RX would end up close to $100 more than a Claymore including shipping. It would be like my comparison between the Ikon X3 and Razorock Wunderbar where the Wunderbar was definitely the superior razor, but twice the price superior?
I was thinking about the Rx, but it is incredibly expensive for a UK buyer. I think that, after getting a Claymore, I need only one more Feather-blade type SE razor. To satisfy that, I've ordered the Rocnel SE50.
Then I'm saving for a Timeless kit.

Claymore et al loaded with Feather/Kai blades may be a touch to wide for me but I would like to try the same type of design loaded with a "normal" injector blade.

Claymore et al loaded with Feather/Kai blades may be a touch to wide for me but I would like to try the same type of design loaded with a "normal" injector blade.

I seem to remember that Mongoose were considering the production of their design, but for Schick/PAL/Single Edge injector blade types. This was a while ago, and I've seen nothing since.

Given the tiny slots on those injector blades, I would think that getting the "pegs" right is a manufacturing challenge. I can't really see anyone making one, but, having said that, no doubt something will now pop up on Kickstarter, or perhaps from the hive of ingenuity that is Turkish razor designers and makers.

Considering only new razors, I have a Single Edge. Compared to my Mongooses and Claymore, the shaving experience is similar, although usage is different. Apart from being narrower, the Single Edge has variable aggression, and there is no need to handle the blades if you don't want to.
P.S.
I checked up about the Mongoose possibility, in case I was dreaming. From a Facebook post of 28th February, 2015. I quote:-

"MINGOOSE - you may have seen the smaller-headed MinGoose (the one that takes the injector-style - Schick, Personna, Ted Pella - blades). That is also in the prototyping phase, but is being developed as a lower priority item. As with the OC, if and when we decide to go into production, we'll make an announcement."

Ferrum

Last edited:
I believe Brian stated the Claymore was tuned for the feather pro blade, however I'm pretty sure most of the blades will fit except feather lights which have smaller guide holes.
There is no comparison with the ATT SE1 which for me is superior in every way, however it would need to be at twice the price so not a fair fight. I'd like to hear how the Claymore faress against the Rocnel, ikon and razorock which are it's real competition.

I believe Brian stated the Claymore was tuned for the feather pro blade, however I'm pretty sure most of the blades will fit except feather lights which have smaller guide holes.
There is no comparison with the ATT SE1 which for me is superior in every way, however it would need to be at twice the price so not a fair fight. I'd like to hear how the Claymore faress against the Rocnel, ikon and razorock which are it's real competition.
The Pro Super fits perfectly so I am assuming the Kai Captain and Kai Sharp Blade will also fit as the notches are the same as the Feathers. The Rocnel, iKon SE and Razorock are not out yet so comparisons will be a while. IMHO the Claymore shaves better then the ATT SE1 however build quality are about the same.

The Pro Super fits perfectly so I am assuming the Kai Captain and Kai Sharp Blade will also fit as the notches are the same as the Feathers. The Rocnel, iKon SE and Razorock are not out yet so comparisons will be a while. IMHO the Claymore shaves better then the ATT SE1 however build quality are about the same.
I should be in a position to make a comparison with the Rocnel when mine arrives in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom