Claymore

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my order, and hoping the KAI Captain Titan Mild, which is my favourite SE blade, will be a perfect match for me.

Gents, The Claymore is compatible with Feather ProGuard, Professional and Super blades. It was designed with ProGuard's in mind but if you want a closer shave then opt for ProGuard or Super.

Have you tried it with KAI Titan Mild blades?
They should have nearly the same dimensions as the Feather Pro's

The following blades will fit the Claymore

Feather Pro
Feather Pro Super
Feather Pro Guard
Kai Captain
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch
Kai Captain Sharpblade
Kamisori

The Feather Pro Light will NOT fit.

When I tried all of these in my Mongoose, I found The Feather Pro Supers too much, although many swear by them, and the Guard blades and Titan Mild too mild.

Feather Pro, Feather Pro Super, Kai Captain, Kai Captain Sharpblade and Kamisori would be the field to choose from.

I think the Claymore and Mongoose are close enough to predict similar results.

The following blades will fit the Claymore

When I tried all of these in my Mongoose, I found The Feather Pro Supers too much, although many swear by them, and the Guard blades and Titan Mild too mild.

Feather Pro, Feather Pro Super, Kai Captain, Kai Captain Sharpblade and Kamisori would be the field to choose from.

I think the Claymore and Mongoose are close enough to predict similar results.

Thanks @globalm

I tend to like mild blades, so I will have to try the KAI Titan Mild in the Claymore. I will post my thoughts when I have tried some different blades.

Sorry, have to strongly disagree about build quality. There really is no comparison. The ATT is in a different league.
Brian at Executive Shaving himself advises that the ATT is much better, but then it is much more expensive.

I don't think the Claymore was designed to be a challenger to the ATT. However the thread is to discuss the Claymore and people who have one, their thoughts. Turns out to be a comparison thread between the Claymore and very expensive ATT SE which with all intents and purposes appears to have lost its way.

The truth of the matter is we were badly let down in late 2014 when we made a large order for Cobra razors. We only received 15 from Classic Shaving in USA. Four were returned for quality problems but then lost at Miami airport, eventually Royal Mail paid paltry compensation. We had a waiting list of 50+ for Cobra razors and that got us thinking about how we could meet demand. So early 2015 we made contact with a designer and we launched in August 2016. The Claymore was never meant to specifically challenge ATT, Mongoose and Cobra, we simply wanted to meet the demand for a competitively priced SE razor.
Brian | Executive Shaving.

The truth of the matter is we were badly let down in late 2014 when we made a large order for Cobra razors. We only received 15 from Classic Shaving in USA. Four were returned for quality problems but then lost at Miami airport, eventually Royal Mail paid paltry compensation. We had a waiting list of 50+ for Cobra razors and that got us thinking about how we could meet demand. So early 2015 we made contact with a designer and we launched in August 2016. The Claymore was never meant to specifically challenge ATT, Mongoose and Cobra, we simply wanted to meet the demand for a competitively priced SE razor.
Brian | Executive Shaving.
I do hope you put mine in the post before writing this? I've had a Mongoose liked it but moved it on.
Still got the itch for AC blade razor I do hope yours does it for me.

It is always totally unfair to try to compere a £70 razor with a £180 razor. Yes you can say A shaves differently to B but direct comparisons just aren't right especially standard of fit and finish. The thing is can ATT make a stainless razor as good as the Claymore for $85 posted to the U.K. If yes then it is fair to compere. Of course that is only my opinion.

I don't think the Claymore was designed to be a challenger to the ATT. However the thread is to discuss the Claymore and people who have one, their thoughts. Turns out to be a comparison thread between the Claymore and very expensive ATT SE which with all intents and purposes appears to have lost its way.
I know what your saying but if the Claymore was not compared to the Mongoose I would not of ordered.
Hold you head up high and be counted I say, it's no bad thing mentioning razors twice the price, good to be in the same company I think.

Have you received yours yet George?

I agree and I am all for standing up and being counted. Pretty new to the forum, and the art of DE and SE shaving (9mths). However, I don't think I would purchase a ATT or Mongoose due to cost.

I feel and see the difference in comparison to a cartridge razor v DE/SE, but I'm not qualified in any way to comment on comparison with the higher tarriff gear. I felt the thread was loosing its focus.

I was a Feather AC user for a while now. Ever since I went back to wet shaving a couple of years ago using my Weck Hair Shaper, the second razor I got was a Kai Captain. When I heard that the Feather AC blades were being used in the new Cobra and Mongoose razors, I was ecstatic until I found out that you couldn't get one and if you could, it would cost a lot. Finally the Mongoose became very common and by that time, others were coming out with their models and I saw where the Mongoose had limitations with the head design not allowing for different shaving angles. I was seriously thinking of going with ATT because they put out quality razors and were made in the USA (so was the Mongoose), but again the price was high and so I considered getting the head only. Then the Claymore comes out and I see where folks are comparing it to the Mongoose and ATT and not seeing significant differences except for the price and even for me having to pay international shipping, it still comes outa bargain. Personally I think you folks over in the UK should be proud of this accomplishment. The only reason I haven't gotten one yet is because I am waiting for the release of the Asylum RX to see what folks have to say about it. right now I am in total agreement with what I am seeing on this board - that it is way too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom