Cultpens

daz said:
She will undoubtedly use both!
Wish my handwriting was good enough to justify a nice pen, but I broke my hand a few years ago and my handwriting is terrible. Maybe I should try and learn to use my left hand?

My handwriting is bad enough to justify a good pen! Seriously the lamy's help me write better. Think it is to do with the triangular grip and the fact you can feel the pen writing more (like feedback in a car). I'm naturally a leftie but was forced to write with my right in school so have never been good at handwriting. Additionally I have a bit of tendonitis and some impaired motor function (thanks to Aspergrers) but find writing with a Lamy fountain much easier - I was even complimented on how neat my handwriting was the other day! I have a couple of safaris and a Nexx and must say I prefer the Nexx. Cult pens are a fantastic seller!

I love the Lamy Swift as the pocket clip retracts into the barrel when the top button is pressed to extend the writing tip - this ensures that the pen cannot be clipped into a pocket and leak unless the tip is retracted again.
Simple, excellent idea.

Strange how people use Bics at work because they are free, rather than getting a decent pen.

Re: RE: Cultpens

Johnus said:
What I've seen and tried has been the Disposable Fountain Pens. Pilot and Bic both have them.

12 of the pilot's go for 25$US delivered . Write well and won't feel bad if I forget one somewhere!

The pilots are particularly good, I keep them in a range of bright colours and in places, like the car, where a normal fountain would dry to uselessness between uncappings. They're not branded Varsity here, and don't seem to be in many shops - of course Cult Pens do them individually and in sets!

Dr Rick said:
Johnus said:
What I've seen and tried has been the Disposable Fountain Pens. Pilot and Bic both have them.

12 of the pilot's go for 25$US delivered . Write well and won't feel bad if I forget one somewhere!

The pilots are particularly good, I keep them in a range of bright colours and in places, like the car, where a normal fountain would dry to uselessness between uncappings. They're not branded Varsity here, and don't seem to be in many shops - of course Cult Pens do them individually and in sets!

Was looking at these in Tesco the other day but for £4 it was cheaper to buy their own brand "cartridge pen" at £1.10. Not as good as my Lamy's but perfectly sufficient to get pinched in work!

The accounts dept have a pot full of the Bic disposables and I always carry one - for use with customers. My pens are all Italic and I can't stand watching them trying to write with the back/side of the nib but I loathe ball points.

Count of Undolpho said:
The accounts dept have a pot full of the Bic disposables and I always carry one - for use with customers. My pens are all Italic and I can't stand watching them trying to write with the back/side of the nib but I loathe ball points.

Was thinking of grabbing some of these for work as well, what are they like. I would need a pretty fine nib mind as it will be used for filling in paperwork though the Tesco pens seems fine.

On a slightly related note one of the younger members of staff last week remarked that my pen was broken as half the nib was missing! They'd never seen a fountain pen before and couldn't believe it was the only thing I was allowed to write with in primary school (I'm 31 now)! With iPads now being issued in some schools how long will it be before writing with a fountain pen becomes a dying art? Mind you nobody seems to want to pinch my pen anymore!

We issue iPads to our first years (secondary), AND we make them write with fountain pens. You can be modern and traditional too if you want, and a good capacitive stylus is as interesting and satisfying to find as a good fountain pen - god knows I have enough of each...

Re: RE: Cultpens

tarbyonline said:
Count of Undolpho said:

Was thinking of grabbing some of these for work as well, what are they like. I would need a pretty fine nib mind as it will be used for filling in paperwork though the Tesco pens seems fine.

They have a nice fine nib, I use them for filling out fiddly forms I'll post an example when on pc. I wish italic lettering was taught in schools it's a good precise form with simple join ups and looks great.

Hope this helps
f7a4ba08-9736-40ca-9684-05d341c28957_zps5ac66040.jpg

Bic is Black ink, Osm-I-roid (didn't spot it till I previewed the post) is Diamine Onyx Black, Lamy is Diamine Chocolate Brown.

UKRob said:
Thanks Count - I've just ordered the Lamy set in three nib sizes. If this is successful I may well get my Mont Blanc changed over to an Italic.

The Lamy nibs are great, though a little too forgiving. Writing with the Osmiroid is making me drift steadily back towards italic rather than the odd italic/copper plate/scrawl mix in the example above. You'll have to post an example with all three sizes for us.

UKRob said:
Thanks Count - I've just ordered the Lamy set in three nib sizes. If this is successful I may well get my Mont Blanc changed over to an Italic.

The Lamy nibs are great, though a little too forgiving. Writing with the Osmiroid is making me drift steadily back towards italic rather than the odd italic/copper plate/scrawl mix in the example above. You'll have to post an example with all three sizes for us.

Gawd...I hate you guys, quite happy with my cheapo bics... just bought a Lamy nexx....WHY?

If I keep reading these forums I'm sure I shall end up broke and single!

Love Simon

SimonS said:
Gawd...I hate you guys, quite happy with my cheapo bics... just bought a Lamy nexx....WHY?

If I keep reading these forums I'm sure I shall end up broke and single!

Love Simon
Which is just a little better than broke and married. At least you only have you and the Lamy to consider.

UKRob your so fecked, I shall have great pleasure in showing the wife your reply and in so doing blame you for my excessive spending... thanks

Simon
Xxxx

Back
Top Bottom