Cultpens

Count of Undolpho said:
Hope this helps
f7a4ba08-9736-40ca-9684-05d341c28957_zps5ac66040.jpg

Bic is Black ink, Osm-I-roid (didn't spot it till I previewed the post) is Diamine Onyx Black, Lamy is Diamine Chocolate Brown.

Thanks. Looks like they could he ideal for my needs. A box of 3 doesn't cost a lot on eBay so could keep a backup in work as well.

Dr Rick said:
We issue iPads to our first years (secondary), AND we make them write with fountain pens. You can be modern and traditional too if you want, and a good capacitive stylus is as interesting and satisfying to find as a good fountain pen - god knows I have enough of each...

Strangely enough we had to use fountain (or rollerball in the later years) in primary school but where almost discouraged from fountain pens in secondary school. As for iPads I was the odd one for owning a mobile phone in 4th year! At college it was all Biro though in reality you could write with whatever you wanted - just biro suited better due to copying diagrams etc.

Received my Lamy Nexx today, no mention of discount..shame as i was looking at getting this http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/TWSBI-Diamond-Mini-Fountain-Pen-Black.html as my 'at home' pen

All I can say for cult pens is wow. Bought a black purple lamy all star some violet cartridges a z24 converter and some onyx black and imperial purple ink for swmbo ready for Christmas. Ordered yesterday at 3:02 dispatches 3:30 and in my hands at 9:08 this morning including the free lamy brio for spending £30 on lamy stuff and a stabilo point 88 fine liner in purple chucked in as well

Brianpilman said:
All I can say for cult pens is wow. Bought a black purple lamy all star some violet cartridges a z24 converter and some onyx black and imperial purple ink for swmbo ready for Christmas. Ordered yesterday at 3:02 dispatches 3:30 and in my hands at 9:08 this morning including the free lamy brio for spending £30 on lamy stuff and a stabilo point 88 fine liner in purple chucked in as well

Sounds as though you got your order in just early enough for delivery today - I ordered an OHTO Tashe pocket FP and some cartridges about 1/2 an hour later and they have yet to be delivered.

chrisbell said:
Brianpilman said:

Sounds as though you got your order in just early enough for delivery today - I ordered an OHTO Tashe pocket FP and some cartridges about 1/2 an hour later and they have yet to be delivered.

They might well have been snowed under with my order... Small gifts for my team at work... Most of which I shipped on today.

A lot of guys on FPN recommend the Pilot 78G

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.Xpilot+78G&_nkw=pilot+78G&_sacat=0&_from=R40

awaiting mine :icon_razz:

hunnymonster said:
Already got my Pilot 78G... Good for the money but a bit abrasive to write with (for me at least)

i found on a couple of NOS Parker 25's and a modern Parker 45 that they were a bit scratchy and rough, i used some fine micromesh that i use for polishing plastic and it took a while but did improve them.

there is quite a bit of bias against Chinese Pens on FPN but i like them, i have various Baoer and Hero Pens and they are good stuff, picked up some of these at the London LWES 2013 show for £3.00 each (Baoer 388)......cracking pens !!!

577336738_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom