Do you spin?

If one of these spinners would be a help to an autistic child then that is great news and if they genuinely help people de stress then I can see no harm in them but I think many people have them simply because it's a new fad and will end up in a drawer sometime soon never to be used again. One with lights on will help your girlfriends son, light and movement should work quite well.

I think you're right about it being 'the latest fad'. My CFO claims that not only does it de-stress him but that it also helps him with building dexterity in his troubled hand.
I did ask if he couldn't simply spin a pen for 50 cents but was told to close the door from the outside :)

I did try his metal spinner and I have to say it was pretty fun/interesting. The bearings makes these thing really take off. I found myself starting and stopping it a lot though so I don't think the 5-6 mins spin times would matter much to me.

As fun as it might seem to get one of the fancy metal ones for $100+ I share your fears that it would be something that would end up in my drawer after the novelty wears off. If I would stumble across a nice one for say $10-20 then maybe I would get one for fun. Spending $600+ (in some cases $1000) for a high end spinner seems insane to me but what do I know... the people on the spinning forums might very well think that we are all nuts :)

I think you're right about it being 'the latest fad'. My CFO claims that not only does it de-stress him but that it also helps him with building dexterity in his troubled hand.
I did ask if he couldn't simply spin a pen for 50 cents but was told to close the door from the outside :)

I did try his metal spinner and I have to say it was pretty fun/interesting. The bearings makes these thing really take off. I found myself starting and stopping it a lot though so I don't think the 5-6 mins spin times would matter much to me.

As fun as it might seem to get one of the fancy metal ones for $100+ I share your fears that it would be something that would end up in my drawer after the novelty wears off. If I would stumble across a nice one for say $10-20 then maybe I would get one for fun. Spending $600+ (in some cases $1000) for a high end spinner seems insane to me but what do I know... the people on the spinning forums might very well think that we are all nuts :)
Yes I totally agree with your last comment and maybe we are as mad as the spinners! :)

Yes I totally agree with your last comment and maybe we are as mad as the spinners! :)

It worries me that I know this now - but every day, more or less, around noon EST Fidgetcraft releases a batch of his 3D printed spinners and they sell out like Hawk razors :) I believe they are around $15 and are seen as the 'plastic torqbars' as he apparently managed to get the balance of these spinners just right. I believe he has now sold over 1,000 of them.

I'm tempted to pick one up these days as he's a college kid, the design is simple and the price is on the low end :)
I really don't know.
il_570xN.1009997078_1hn2.jpg

il_570xN.1010065102_ooav.jpg

It worries me that I know this now - but every day, more or less, around noon EST Fidgetcraft releases a batch of his 3D printed spinners and they sell out like Hawk razors :) I believe they are around $15 and are seen as the 'plastic torqbars' as he apparently managed to get the balance of these spinners just right. I believe he has now sold over 1,000 of them.

I'm tempted to pick one up these days as he's a college kid, the design is simple and the price is on the low end :)
I really don't know.
il_570xN.1009997078_1hn2.jpg

il_570xN.1010065102_ooav.jpg
For $15 it is not going to break the bank or be seen as crazy money... Go for it :)

Ok, it's apparent that my Paypal account needs to be taken away from me...

FidgetCraft JUST now dropped another batch of their spinners...and I picked up a black one with the more expensive ceramic bearings...sigh.
With shipping it came out to $28

This one - that shows the ceramic bearing spinning as well.

Quite the difference to the steel bearing one.

The way I rationalized it (bear with me) was that I keep 'twirling' my iPhone in my hand as I walk...if I can spin this instead as I walk I might save myself from dropping an expensive phone :)

Last edited:
Ok, it's apparent that my Paypal account needs to be taken away from me...

FidgetCraft JUST now dropped another batch of their spinners...and I picked up a black one with the more expensive ceramic bearings...sigh.
With shipping it came out to $28

This one:

The way I rationalized it (bear with me) was that I keep 'twirling' my iPhone in my hand as I walk...if I can spin this instead as I walk I might save myself from dropping an expensive phone :)
Makes perfect sense, well rationalised , shit I may buy one myself! :)

Makes perfect sense, well rationalised , shit I may buy one myself! :)
Lol too funny.
The one I got does ship to the UK but, ugh, it's $12 shipping which is almost the price of the product. Apparently he makes 20 a day and put them up at the same time. I felt good buying one from him as according to 'those in the know' he does the best low-cost/plastic one and he's in school (and I remember being in Uni and living on potato and ramen for months :D ).

I'll let you know how it works out when I get it next week ;-)
I told a female friend about it and I could quite literally see her eyes glazing over before she uttered one single word:
"Why?"

(Rationalizing a purchase is something we wetshavers excel at).

Lol too funny.
The one I got does ship to the UK but, ugh, it's $12 shipping which is almost the price of the product. Apparently he makes 20 a day and put them up at the same time. I felt good buying one from him as according to 'those in the know' he does the best low-cost/plastic one and he's in school (and I remember being in Uni and living on potato and ramen for months :D ).

I'll let you know how it works out when I get it next week ;-)
I told a female friend about it and I could quite literally see her eyes glazing over before she uttered one single word:
"Why?"

(Rationalizing a purchase is something we wetshavers excel at).
True, too true! :)

Back
Top Bottom